Schizophrenia.com

It is now 11 years

since symptoms begin
i feel reliefed somewhat since the begining
anymore improvement in the coming years ?
anyone know ?
any good news to me ?

2 Likes

It’s individual I guess. Everybody has their own path to walk and who knows where it might lead.

Personally I feel more at ease now in many ways than in a real long time. There are many positives, but life just keeps coming up with new challenges along the way, so got to be prepared to dig deep.

2 Likes

For me March 2019 is when I last had symptoms. So it’s been two years. I’m a lot happier with this state than I was in that state.

Though I do feel more capable in the past.

2 Likes

I have schizoaffective and when I was younger I was closer to the bipolar spectrum.
Today I’m closer to the SZ side of things.

It depends, your symptoms may get worse or may improve.

Usually positive symptoms mellow out as we age but negative symptoms intensify.

2 Likes

I was more depressive/suicidal (bipolar), when I was younger too @Wave. Although the psychotic symptoms were always with me, the depression disappeared entirely in my mid 40’s leaving only the psychosis. It wasn’t until my mid 50’s that the psychosis became manageable.

3 Likes

My symptoms started becoming less intense and bothersome when I hit my mid forties. A few delusions went away. I don’t really have regular “episodes” like I used to that made me feel that I needed to go to the hospital at any minute. I still suffer symptoms but I also have periods of peace of mind, where everything slows down and I can relax. Yeah, I’m far from cured but in regards to my disease, I’m a lot better than I used to be.

5 Likes

It’s been 7 years for me with symptoms such as voices, they haven’t changed but I have learned to manage a lot better

1 Like

You’re probably doing well. 11 years after I had symptoms, I was homeless.

1 Like

First 5-6 years were a living hell then the paranoia came. Now, i am doing better. Im on year 9ish. I think the first 10 years are the most difficult.

1 Like

4 decades. Time flies when you’re having fun.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.