It gets boring here at my new place

I don’t need a lot of excitement but there is nothing to do here. There is a TV but I’m not a big TV watcher. There is literally nothing else to do here. Most people either just sit around a patio table smoking and talking or they sit and watch TV. I got out today at least.

A couple trips to the store, a long walk around the block and I drove out to the main street and sat outside and had a coke at the fast food joint. Some old guy was waiting for his girlfriend to get out of the restroom and we had a 5 sentence conversation about the weather.

1 Like

Have you thought about taking a hobby like painting or calligraphy or charcoal?

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions waterway. Those are good ideas but I have zero artistic talent. But yeah, a hobby might be in order here.

2 Likes

Well you could iniciate something to do there… Like you could play cards or chess…how about that?

1 Like

Noted Sarad…

1 Like

Hi Nick,

When I was at my group home we would have activities during the day, group therapy and the like. I’d wake up early morning and go to the gym. See if there’s a facility like that. Then the rest of the day I would hang out with other patients, take care of business to prepare my departure like looking for supervised apartments, and take walks to burn more calories.

2 Likes

When I was in a North Carolina state hospital for 10 months, I mastered Spades (the card game). Lots of fun, and if you want to be that kind of a player (the assholish-kind), you can make it into a hardcore psychology battle. I liked to fake-out the player to my right and show him a card I “was” going to throw, psyching him into throwing something else. I’d calmly return the card to my hand, and throw what I intended to, making him cave to the mind trick. But that’s borderline “illegal” in the game, and is a sure way to make enemies. :smiley:

But yeah, card games, reading about topics you’re interested in (and thusly expanding you horizons), maybe some kind of physical activity like swimming, or hey, do like me - study a new language. :smiley:

2 Likes

All good suggestions alien.

Today has been a kind of off day for me. It’s cold and rainy - miserable weather. The ceiling tiles on my ceiling keep caving in. They get soaked with water and fall through. The roof leaks. It’s not too bad because I have another room I can sleep in. Living in the “independent living” apartments I am away from most of the other residents. That much solitude can start to weigh on you. I did some writing today. I finished a story, but I don’t know if it is any good. I need the opinion of others. I think a lot of my present funk is do to the weather. Cold rainy days can make me gloomy. The bad part is that this weather is expected to continue to the middle of next week.

1 Like

Thanks Ekoms. Maybe I should extend my walking routine and talk more to people. I have been known to not talk in certain situations. I keep to myself except for exchanging brief pleasantries with certain people. The rest of them might be curious as to why I don’t talk so I will talk to more people. Thanks for your input.

Hey,

Back when I was there at my group home, I made friends with several other patients, even one of them who I felt most uncomfortable around I ended up having a certain bond with. I would hear him whispering racial slurs while we were conversing normally and not sure if I had hallucinated I would ask him to repeat what he just said and he would answer that he didn’t say anything!! These people were all in the same situation as me and trying to get better. It helped to go out on outings as a group, I’m sure once you start work again if you ever do you will find a sense of purpose once more.

Sorry I know I’m not being of great help but I don’t claim to have all the answers, or else I would apply it to my own life! Peace Nick and best of luck for the journey ahead! :relieved:

1 Like

Thanks Ekoms. Yeah, I can’t wait to get back to work…

1 Like

look at some amazing architecture
go to a huge library :office: and read a book there in the peace and quiet
lie in a park and look at the sky and watch the clouds go by
try some different food.
take care :alien:

3 Likes

All good suggestions!

1 Like

I hope you can find some posts that are interesting here on this forum. I am back form the fruit bar nearby. I bought some dirt cheap mandarins. They look good and are at a price of 50 cents for 1 kilo. I also bought 3 pieces of fish. I am going to cook fish this evening!

Good luck with you’re fish-cooking green!

This morning I called my sisiter on QQ (the Chinese skype), she was not there to answer. And then I accidently sent her a good-bye expression while I actually wanted to say “hello” to her. When I came back from the fruit bar, I saw my sister made a response to me, she sent a sign of “giggling”… sigh…

That’s kind of funny. It’s sure better than her skyping back somethjing angry!

Hey nick,are you planning leave this place or will you be permanently staying here

It depends on how I feel. I think I’ll stay here at least another 6 months and than see how I feel about living on my own again.

1 Like