It feels like a lot of sugar

It feels like there is a lot of sugar in food lately…

Even a tin of beans seems to have sugar.

I’m trying to stay healthy…

I’m feeling like it’s time to change the diet. I feel like I’ve been living on sugar.

has anyone else been able to cut sugar from their diet?

1 Like

I have. It’s relatively easy here, I buy mostly organic products also.

1 Like

I got a lot of Christmas food from my sister and mother during the past weekend, a lot of sweets too, so there is a lot of sugar, but so what, Christmas is just once a year, after x-mas I start no sugar diet. I have noticed that I have gained a little weight.

1 Like

It is in everything. Thats how the companies make money. Sugar is addictive and boosts sales. Healthy canned foods, vegetables, beans, etc. all have sugar now.

Don’t forget to get all your daily servings of healthy fruit canned in syrup says [big company name here].

1 Like

Sugar is in bread, canned veggies and everything in between. You have to label check everything. Everything. High fructose corn syrup is cheap and addictive. Salt too. Sodium is used pervasively.

1 Like

During spring and summer and fall… it’s easy to eat off the vine… My garden works pretty well.

But winter… I have to resort to tin veggies and stuff… It doesn’t feel well.

I really feel like I’ve been finding sugar in everything. It’s not helping me feel better.

Well, I applaud you for your efforts to at least give it your best to eat well. Thanks for the encouragement to follow suit @SurprisedJ!!

1 Like

It’s been almost impossible for me to stick to a low suagar way of eating. Two reasons are I barely have enough money until I get approved for ssdi. Number 2 is, who am I kidding, that ■■■■ is addictive and it’s everywhere.

1 Like

I wish there was a way to change that… I wonder why so much sugar has to be used.

1 Like

Money, greed, and profit.

It’s basicaly what these guys get a degree in and what they ar paid to do for there company, which is raise sales just like any other company.

2 Likes

get rid of sugar…to a minimum
get rid of carbohydrates…to a minimum.
increase ’ good ’ fat
reasonable amount of protien.
@SZadmin was talking about this in a thread
take care :alien:

1 Like

just found it ’ the ketogenic diet '…i do this…it works for me.
though i did not know it was called this :blush:

take care :alien:

2 Likes

I’m on a low sugar diet for diabetes. I just change what foods I eat. I do use a lot of Equal mostly in drinks, which I feel bad about.

1 Like