It feels bad when your old friends don't respond

I don’t blame them because most of them have suffered because of my psychotic behaviour.

So they have distanced themselves from me.

It’s like there is no way to reconcile that relationship… that’s what hurts the most.

5 Likes

I’m still in touch with people I knew at my worst psychotic states. It’s not all lost and sometimes it’s worthwhile trying to keep in contact. It’s not your fault you went south and it’s good to connect with friends anyways. People do weird stuff. They become addicts, have relationships that fail…they may like to connect with you again…

All’s I’m saying is don’t write yourself off. Perhaps try and connect with a friend and see how you go.

5 Likes

I can only talk with one old friend properly.

Others I have tried talking to but got cold responses from most of them.

It’s good to hear that you are connected with your old friends. :+1:t4:

3 Likes

Im dealing with that. People only care when its convenient.

5 Likes

I haven’t tried. Fear of rejection and ridicule that I can’t shake off.

3 Likes

Thank God you’ve still got one friend to talk to. It does get better as you go

2 Likes

One of my friends doesnt call me that much as he used to do maybe he is busy…he kept working for that gross company where i had a job but atleast he remembered my birthday

3 Likes

That’s what happened to my husband when he became disabled. Most of his “friends” ditched him. It hurts him deeply. But he still has a few friends so that’s good. It helps ease his emotional pain a bit.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.