It all makes sense now

Is it bad or good gene expression changes? Do you know?

1 Like

Thats what Im trying to figure out. I know it says it affects the cannabinoid receptor genes…I smoked a lot of weed while taking Abilify and had no issue…or did the Abilify make me want to smoke weed? I think in some ways its good because if its reversing the schizophrenia long-term that could be good?

1 Like

Yea hopefully it is good overall… It does seem to be helping me… Seemingly… So yea

Just weird that a tiny dose of just 2.5mg can stop me from running properly.

It is pretty powerful, whatever it is doing.

1 Like

Yeah that makes sense it is a powerful medication. I have taken it for 15 years and over time I felt like it helped me more than hurt me and I developed more insight…the article mentions neuroplasticity a lot too. I was looking up to see whether it affected the genes related to CMT the neuropathic condition I have. My brother ended up with having it affect him worse but he doesn’t have schizophrenia.

I was trying to find out if the protein that is expressed from a duplicate gene PMP22 is being affected or suppressed with the abilify and that might be some link to the actual cause of the illness. I also found out that CMT affects 125,000 people in the US or 1 per 2,200 people worldwide so that is a lot more rare than schizophrenia. Schizophrenia is 2.6 million adults in the US.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.