Isn't it seriously strange?

That “Lilly” who produces zyprexa has been mass lawsuited and made to pay over a billion dollars to people for bad side effects…and yet they keep selling the drug like nothing happened.

6 Likes

Yeah I wonder why and how they can keep selling Zyprexa

2 Likes

That’s a very good question. I wonder if all they have to do is warn people better

1 Like

I guess they are still making a great profit off of it. But I think if all the people that had reason to lawsuit them actually did it, they would go bankrupt.

1 Like

That was the first antipsychotic I was put on while staying inpatient at the hospital.

It is seriously extremely irresponsible to prescribe Zyprexa as a first line of defense— there’s waaaaay better meds out there with less side effects.

Should be reserved as a last resort, IMO.

It really set me back so much in my life.

2 Likes

https://www.justice.gov/archive/opa/pr/2009/January/09-civ-038.html

They got in trouble for advertising Zyprexa for uses not approved by the FDA

4 Likes

Janssen was sued over Risperdal causing man boobs (gynecomastia) in boys and men.

They are still selling the drug.

5 Likes

They are still selling tobacco products, which are, frankly, many times more dangerous. Those should be banned outright.

4 Likes

This is what inspired this post: Zyprexa (Olanzapine) Withdrawal Symptoms + How Long Do They Last? - Mental Health Daily

There are literally hundreds of stories about people who have or had a hard time getting off this drug for whatever reason. And that’s just on this one webpage.

I have been on it 15 years…that’s really long. I guess my prospects are not good.

1 Like

That’s a good point. Maybe they should get warning labels on AP’s too…oh wait…there’s not enough room to write it on the package :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s the name. No one thinks someone called Lilly is going to hurt them. Everybody trusts a Lilly.

3 Likes

Well…it’s good I can laugh about it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.