Is Your Imagination Visual?

Did Beethoven have an audible imagination? My imagination is just simply imagery. I see the stuff in my mind’s eye when I read. I don’t know what the imagination is but making images and I thought I had the highest of them all.

2 Likes

Mine works in the same way

When voices of people threaten me, I can see them

I have none. I lack artistic creativity.

I’m visual.
I think in pictures often, and visualise things a lot. When I read books, I disappear into my own little world because the book plays out like a movie in my head

2 Likes

Wow, that is cool.

Yes mine is visual

I think I had a wild imagination before

But its team now

Yep very visual, not very auditory.

Visual and feel/tactile.

Visual. When I read, I envision the characters and events in my head.

The Eight subsections of imagination are:

• Effectuative imagination.
  • Intellectual or constructive imagination.
  • Imaginative fantasy.
  • Empathy.
  • Strategic imagination.
  • Emotional imagination.
  • Dreams.
  • Memory

I’m an umbrella :closed_umbrella:

I have aphantasia ,so lack a visual imagination.

Pictures come and go. Sometimes I am very visual with faces of people I imagine, buildings are there to impress me, huge crowds of people. The rest of the time, my mind is quiet visually.

Yes very much so. I can see circuit schematics, conceptual diagrams related to programing and electronics, and model 3D objects kind of like a CAD program in my head.

2 Likes

I tend to get a strange lucid state when I wake up from sleeping. If I wake up and then just close my eyes I can have a space like my phone to type on and look stuff up or change some code in a program(if I’ve been doing a bunch of that lately).

It feels like I’m doing it in the physical world but it’s in this half dream state.

I can see music and information. I can taste new food combos mentally and be spot on when I make them for the first time.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.