"Is Your Bank Working for You?"

I did a case study for my Coursera class, it’s pretty much done. https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/john.d.marano/viz/IsYourBankWorkingforYou/Page1

The audience is the public so I could use some feedback. I basically state “Bigger banks mean bigger problem” then ask " but are your banks’ problems proportionate to their size?"

The case studies Visualization has three tabs, an introduction, an analysis, and a conclusion. I point that out because the tabs are hard to see in the screen of your upper left-hand corner. I made an annex explaining how I compiled the data in a separate annex.

Elevator Pitch;

I compare banks to each other using bank assets and bank office counts as stand-ins for the size of the bank. I then see if the number of complaints lodged at the Consumer Finacial Protection Bureau [CFPB] is proportionate to the bank’s size.

I calculated the averages and standard deviations for “Complaints per Bank Offices” and “Complaints per Bank Assets.” I did this for 127 of the countries largest [retail] banks. Of those, I found a handful of banks that egregiously exceed the averages/2 standard deviations.

I Googled the banks and found that many of the problems at those banks are known. Which validated that I did the analysis right. And found a handful of unknown problems, for the public to dig into.

1 Like

I’m not sure if this is relevant but I’ve been learning about decentralized banking and finance. It’s kinda where we are headed

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.