Is weight that important to you?

I have been on Risperdal for close to 20 years. Recently I have slowly started losing the weight I gained from the meds and quitting smoking. I lost 17 lbs (220 to 203) in the last year using myfitnesspal and a pedometer. I am finding I make more progress when I am under less stress from my family (my dad is 90 and my bro and wife also have sz). Adequate sleep definitely helps me feel less hungry. I am just hoping my lipid profile will start improving. I think the myfitnesspal app has helped me eat better but I have to be very disciplined (even a little compulsive) about using it. It’s a darn slow process and I am happy if I average even just losing a quarter pound a week.

1 Like

So far I am losing- close to 7lbs its something, but Im on a very strict diet. Im going to increase my exercise a bit slowly.
Maybe I can lose weight on Risperdal after all. Hopefully my blood sugar levels improve too

1 Like

7 pounds down is nothing to sneeze at. It will be 10 before you know it. Then a few more here and there until It’s 20 pounds down.

Good for you.

1 Like

Thanks J, I am very happy. Small steps is the way to go Im sure :smiley:

1 Like

Fake obesity experts - 4 min clip

1 Like

Even though I weigh 270 lbs, weight is not all that important to me.

I am concerned to an extent but lack the motivation to do much about it. I did try losing at the start of last year but got very demoralised with only losing 6lbs in 12 weeks. That would have meant dieting for over 3 years to reach a recommended weight level.
I think risperdal(oral or injection) makes it very hard to shift the lbs.

Yes I take Risperdal tablets, I know what you mean -