Is this very normal?

Is it very normal for a 25 year old diagnosed with schizophrenia but otherwise very healthy to been in any relationship and not have had any sex?
I really wish to have a GF and get intimate with someone I like and love…

Last week I went out with a girl from Meetup after the Christmas party,I really like her and I am happy I really enjoy being with her and are interested in her.I believe she is too.i don’t know if we can be in a relationship together,she knows my diagnosis of SZ and also I think she show interest in me although it has died down a little.I still don’t know about her a lot,just like she doesn’t know more about me!I hope I can let her know more about me,and let her think if she wants to be with me

1 Like

Any interaction with women for me was just a matter of luck and being in the right place at the right time. You’ll get lucky Gtx1990, the odds are with you. The more women you talk to and get to know, the better your chances of finding one who will sleep with you. Maybe you’re too picky. Is that it?

2 Likes

I think I am not very picky,nick.I do have problem of losing patient when going after a girl,and I would be better to put in more effort just on one girl I like,and then focus my energy on other stuff like my job and things that keeps me happy and things that make me improve as a person.I am quite insecure and anxious,not sure if I can lessen my insecurity and anxiousness ;(

2 Likes

That right there is what is worth the wait.

2 Likes

I’ve had schizophrenia since my age was in the single digits and I was a virgin until 25 even though when I lost it it was probably the lamest story ever.

For me it was sheer luck and unusual circumstances, if you can call my situation lucky since she turned out to be a psychopath, no exaggeration.

3 Likes

Normal is just a cycle on the washing machine. Just take it as it comes.

2 Likes

Thanks man!! (15 char)

You still very young but go for it!

1 Like

I’m glad you met someone…

Take it easy and enjoy the experience.

Friends… or closer then just friends…

Hope things work out the way you want them too.

1 Like

Hey,how is your relationship with your GF now?

Still doing well. Still together… still letting life stabilize. It’s a slow process… which is working out well for both of us.

1 Like