Is this thought disorder?

@Flutterby Mine is sometimes emotional conversations, not just with the pdoc but with anybody that has been bad to me (mostly dr’s and nurses). This get’s me really upset. It doesn’t make any difference when they understand, I’ll just go on to another topic.

I have this in my head about almost any topic. I might be explaining the concept of object-oriented programming or Newtonian mechanics or whatever (I used to be a scientist). I could be explaining it to anybody. Yesterday my mind was going over and over explaining to a friend how the speed limiter works on his electric bike. The sentences echo - they go on repeat until a new one pops in.

For immediate short term relief Valium is good - especially to get to sleep, as this stuff stops me from sleeping. Just don’t take it every day - the withdrawals are horrible.

Having a real conversation with someone else - about something else, will usually stop it in the short term. If you need a rest from it try getting on the phone to a friend or go visit someone etc.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

1 Like

yeah @unbe mine just changes topic too. I relate to all you write.

I don’t really have any friends to talk to for a real conversation, kinda why I joined this forum. I work in customer service so get to have a lot of real conversations with customers & the imaginary convo’s stop then but the emotion doesn’t change, I’m still stuck with intense anguish/rage. For me emotion comes before thought, not the other way around. My psychologist said I had the emotional age of a pre-verbal child & was incapable of change/neuroplasticity. But Zyprexa helped dampen the emotion so I may go back on that next Tues.

That’s cool you have a science background, you sound super smart. I love plant ecology, I do volunteer work at my local bush-land reserve to bolster endangered species & biodiversity. I began a bachelor in Conservation Biology but couldn’t concentrate, plus I don’t really have a scientific mind! Does science play a happy part in your life these days?

I’m sorry dr’s and nurses have been unkind to you. I relate, it’s hard to understand the lack of compassion. I’m having a lot of imaginary convo’s with my dr. just now as I’ve got an appointment with her next tues.

1 Like

hi @Mushroom, this is the other thread I was talking about. Hope it helps.

It was like the voices and my own inner voice put thoughts in my head and I remember being confused alot asking people what they said if they said anything. The thoughts and peoples conversations would cause me to guess at what they said and in what order. Abilify helped that

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.