Is this the true face of schizophrenia?

I can relate to dark circles under the eyes also - especially when I have less than 5 hrs sleep

2 Likes

There is truth to this, at least for my son. I could post some unmedicated pics vs medicated pics of him to vividly illustrate, (of course I won’t because of his privacy), but the guy on the left actually looks better than my son when he is in the throes of psychosis.

Even when medicated my son’s expressions are flatter than the one on the right.

2 Likes

drug companies are so full of it…( my brother is in the medical industry )
personally i find this and most marketing offensive.
the gullible fall for advertising and marketing…unfortunately that is 99% of humanity…!?!
take care

1 Like

Agreed…here’s some oldies and not-so-goodies…
me and a friend looked these up before
Nothing has changed

Oh really?

Perhaps we should ask the girl who dressed like that at times who stayed here some years ago, on 6 different psych meds, stressed, no job, no money, didn’t know how to drive, no nothing, got OFF meds here and left…now has job, married, has license and drives, and a bunch of cool friends…

I LOVE this ad…it is SOOO disinforming!

Also, notice how many ads promote ADDING another med to your regimen? Like this…piggyback the meds, money money money…

Hey man, you like the weed I been getting ya? Try this man, tis cocaine. take you to the moon…like that? Should try some heroin man, its the ultimate. You can mix all 3 and be in bliss man…

Please tell me there is a difference between big pharma and street drug pushers? Besides one is legal and the other not? that’s it.

Oh wait, there is another difference…opposites attract…street drugs make you skinny…legal drugs make you fat…

1 Like

Thought I haven’t photographed myself during a psychotic episode I know when I was in my last relapse I was an emotional wreck. I was crying all the time. Now when I’m at my worst all I want to do is hide under my covers and make the world go away. I probably look a mess at those times too from laying down all the time my hair all a mess. No beard/stubble not a guy…but still probably a site to see. Though I agree with you I hate that you can’t just look at someone and say they have Schizophrenia.

That’s one of the things I hate about this disorder because unless you can’t really control yourself and constantly acting crazy (or just reacting to what’s going on in your head) sometimes people don’t know what’s really going on in your head and may not fully understand that you have a disorder. Sometimes I worry people think I’m making it up because I’m not always sitting in public talking to myself (that is why I take all my meds after all).

1 Like

In case anyone thought I was kidding

Please don’t try and hide your EMF/ELF tower behind a house in the woods.

Yes, I understand the silo was decommissioned long ago…why is this still active? Building ye a spaceship are we? We have seen it or them…

Ah geez…ye had to fly it during the day?

Oh please, ye did it again?

Like, no wonder folk like Snowden run off with thousands of NSA files…you kids do not know how to bring your toys in the house at night!
Mommy said bring toys in but daddy says its ok to leave them out and dont listen to Mommy.

And kids will play…

• dismantles bookshelf, places plank out window to tree, scurries out and down and goes out into neighbors yard to find magical toys…’* hehehe.

there IS a real message here … :slight_smile:

I actually did look terrible when I first went in to the hospital. I looked like hell. However I’m still a bit upset that they would use this picture as what they think mental illness looks like. I’m sure not everyone looks like this when they are sick. I sure felt like that though. Maybe they should have had a guy with a thought bubble with a picture of three angry people yelling inside. That’s what it’s like from my point of view.

2 Likes

I’m sorry. this was being posted in DarkSiths thread Captain jack Sparrow and got rerouted here by a rouge A.I. well, not really rogue, just playful…they left their toys out…AGAIN.

PS: The Russia & Ukraine “fight” is NOT the USA fight…clear?

Ok like seriously

Stop!..

Peace man…

Remember 2003…

The guy on the right’s facial expression doesn’t look schizophrenic.

Thats because he probably does not have schizophrenia - just an actor portraying someone with SZ

Or else they want the world and its money to think a recovered schizophrenic will have that look.

I understand this… sometimes I just stare at myself in the mirror & I dont see me at all my eyes my skin color I cant get a smile that looks sincere . On my good days il pass a mirror & stop & realize that today I look healthy I look alive & normal

I am not sure it’s a schizophrenia thing. All of us mentally ill or not can look quite different depending on how we have been mentally and/or physically on any given day.