Is this fairly normal?

In psych wards is it normal for nurses to laugh at you when you tell them whats going on with you symptom wise (all i did was tell them im not sure if people are reading my thoughts or not), mimic/make fun of you, or to make light of the pain caused by the symptoms?

I dont think this is a good place. Not being treated like a human.

Im sick of people who dont have sz to describe it akin to diabetes. I know people with diabetes, they take a pill, watch their diet, and move on. So ignorant.

4 Likes

No it is not normal and should not be tolerated. :t_rex::t_rex::t_rex:

2 Likes

Thank you for saying so, I cant do anything though, they have all the power. If i get emotional about it -bam, forces to stay another month. Or they will dismiss it and say im hallucinating, which i doubt i am, ive seen them be even more rude to other patients. These fking nurses got it easy, probably never worked a real day in their life. Act all upset when they have to do there damn job, bunch of children.

1 Like

Are you inpatient and have your phone? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Yeah this psych ward made it ok to have your phone on your person at all times. Think they made that happen last year or so. From what i gather thats pretty unusual for a psych unit.

1 Like

Yes unusual indeed. That is a nice little perk. :sauropod::sauropod::sauropod:

1 Like

So, do like the diabetics do. Take your pills, guard your tongue and move on. Don’t let those incompetent nurses disturb you.

3 Likes

They’ve done that to me in the psych ward many times. They’re just mean. I think some of them are sociopaths and incapable of empathy.

2 Likes

Yes, i experienced it too and other clients did as well. I indeed suspect some nurses to get a kick out of their situation of power because thry are psychopathic.

1 Like

Yeah. So scary.

1 Like

People are ■■■■, wake up

1 Like

get better bitumin.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.