Is this fair?

$400 seems a little high. It seems like you’re paying almost half the rent/utilities, yet you’re only one of 6 people living in the apartment.

2 Likes

to be fair the kids are all babies so they cant help lol. but i do think i shouldn’t be paying more than a third of the bills so i’m gonna try to talk to my sister about that

1 Like

Don’t think 400 is fair, paying about half of the whole costs while there are two in the house,

I’d think realistically 300-250 is a real amount

1 Like

update: my sister won’t negotiate, and the rest of my family is pretty mad at her for it lol. i’m going to be moving in with another sister, who is only asking for $250 a month : )

4 Likes

This is great news! Is the sister you’re moving in with sober? Does she work? Does she have kids? Will you have your own room?

1 Like

There you go! You negotiated a better deal by including another party! That is a useful skill in life. Congratulations!

3 Likes

she’s sober, engaged, her and her boyfriend both have jobs, and she has 2 kids.
she’s also been pretty helpful to me in the past. letting me babysit her kitten when i was very depressed to lift my spirits and bringing me to the ER during a breakdown and staying with me in the waiting room all night til they sedated me and i fell asleep.

3 Likes

and i’ll have my own bedroom. + shes going to let me get a pet hamster

3 Likes

Awesome! Absolutely thrilled for you! I’m so proud of you for having the necessary conversations!

1 Like

thanks SOOOO much for the advice everyone. i was gonna just accept losing the $400 every month because i assumed it was fair :slight_smile: glad i’m finding better things!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.