Is this a rational thought

That North Korea will kidnap me to install me as their dictator and that they will give me plastic surgery so I will look like their dictator? I’m just trying to figure out what is rational and what is not. Thank you.

2 Likes

No, it is not a rational thought.

5 Likes

No, it’s not rational.

3 Likes

It sounds like a persistent delusion @flowers20 . Why do you think they would choose you?

3 Likes

Do you take medicine flowers20?

Yes I do. Not much seems to be helping. But I’m starting to realize it’s not rational.

4 Likes

I think because I was a terrorist before.

2 Likes

Neither of those are rational thoughts.

4 Likes

You’re ok @flowers20 . You can defeat or control hallucinations and delusions by asking yourself questions that seek what you feel is your inner truth. Yes you may have to live with psychosis but you can navigate through it by developing insight. Insight leads to wellness. It sounds like you have strong insight development now underway. Keep the faith.

4 Likes

Rational is something that comes from reason. If you are using intuition, faith, imagination, feeling, etc. it is not rational. If you can reason that the belief is valid then you have a rational belief. But just because a belief is rational doesn’t make it true.

1 Like

Thanks @Unclehenry

1 Like

This seriously does not help me. Just makes it worse.

2 Likes

Sorry, just wanted to tell you what rational was. You asked if it was a rational belief. Since you said the belief was from a vision, it is not rational.

1 Like

Ok thanks. @anon84461028

1 Like

I hope you can forget about your vision and move on from it one day.

1 Like

I’m kind of curious now. What types of questions are you referring to? Can you give me an example, I’m interested

1 Like

Thanks I just interpreted your statement wrong.

1 Like

Just don’t say the word terrorist.dont put it in your vocabulary.think about being a saint,that’s better.you will benefit your soul.what you think is what you feel.

be positive and think about helping others.you will feel better.

This is a repeat thread. Are you expecting different answers?