Is this a psychosis? Or am I ok?

I’m having a lot of anxiety about the devil making things happen in my life. For instance, I’m afraid to say my fears because the devil will make them come true to mess with me. I just saw my pdoc, and he wasn’t phased by it at all. And this is different from my usual paranoia. I’m trying to figure out if I’m okay and this is normal, or if I need to see a different doctor. Does it sound like a psychosis?

1 Like

I don’t know man, you would have to ask a psychiatrist that…I wish you the best.

1 Like

Does it affect your normal behavior?

I’m afraid to say things out loud, and to write this now because the devil can use it against me.

I would tell a family member or friend you can trust and see if you can make an appointment with a pdoc. good luck friend…I am scared for you because the devil can’t hurt you I promise.

How do you know for sure?

The devil is too busy too be bothered with just one soul…don’t worry honey…you need better meds. if you are on meds?

I’m on 160mg of geodon, plus Celexa, and buspar. I told my pdoc how I’m feeling and he blew me off. Should I see a different Dr?

delusion causing paranoia???

what do you mean he blew you off? are you sure? you sound delusional…you might get another pdoc but you might also just work with the one you have and tell him you think you’re unstable and want a med adjustment.

I told him what I’m thinking is going on and why I’m freaking out. He responded that he thinks my parano is is under control and he didn’t change my meds. He told me to come back in three months.

I struggle with a similar delusion, that if I speak my fears out loud, they will come true. This is a very common superstition that tons of neurotypical people deal with. It can be challenging to deal with, if it gets out of control, but I don’t know how much medication would help with this particular problem.

2 Likes

I’m sorry you deal with it too. It’s very scary.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.