Is this a negative symptom?

I put a lot of time into my hobbies … I cannot stick to one thing, I try different hobbies and I still haven’t found “the one”….but I don’t put any energy to do anything like cleaning or cooking. Is this a negative symptom….? I never thought i had negative symptoms but now I am wondering if I do. I get mildly tired a lot. Is boredom a negative symptom?

2 Likes

Probably not. Not if you have energy to do other things. Lots of people hate cleaning and avoid it and they don’t have sz

3 Likes

I don’t think boredom is a negative symptom.

It can be an outcome of negative symptoms.

You have interests and motivation to take on those interests.

Housework may due to being not interested in doing those type of duties.

Negative symptoms for me incapacitates everything except life function duties.

2 Likes

It could be, it’s hard to tell. But I get this too

2 Likes

I have a burst of energy and go for weeks working on those hobbies and then I don’t care. I move on to something else. Everytime.

2 Likes

I’m no doctor but that kinda sounds like adhd or maybe its mania.

2 Likes

I think that happens to lots of people.

1 Like

I thought at first it could be mania, but i don’t get that happy overexcited feeling and I don’t lack sleep

1 Like

I agree, i detest housework and cooking, untless the cooking is my new hobby. In which case, i will cook , cook, cook and put all my energy into it and quit before i even start getting any good at it.

1 Like

Are you sure you have sz?

1 Like

Good question. No I am not. But some doctors say sza. So maybe I do.

1 Like

Has this always happened to you? This has happened to me since i was a kid and i have adhd.

1 Like

I always lose interests in hobbies except for music and browsing since it doesn’t require that much focus.

1 Like

Yes, as far as I can remember. I used to be obsessed with collecting stuff and different hobbies.

1 Like

You can check that out with your doctor if you feel it’s necessary, i found out i had it as an adult.

1 Like

My cousin has ADHD is this hereditary

1 Like

Oh yeah it is genetic my cousin also has adhd he told me that when he found out i’m on antipsychotics, i’m pretty sure most of my family is undiagnosed too and may have other conditions.

1 Like

how r u @ish .??

Hello Niraj how are you, what happened to your previous account !

1 Like

I am Doing Good … Recovering … Have a Good Dae…

2 Likes