Is this a delusion or anxiety

My dad was partially sighted and legally blind . I have astigmatism luckily corrected with glasses. My great grandmother was blind. I am pretty sure I will go blind. I have -5 and worse glasses.

1 Like

Seems like an anxiety but could well be a delusion depending on how certain you feel about it? Not too sure

1 Like

Are you asking if worrying about going blind is a delusion? If you have family members who have gone blind, I would say it’s reasonable anxiety. But I don’t know the whole situation and I’m not a dr.

3 Likes

Trust me. If we are surviving schizophrenia surely we can survive going blind. Nothing to be scared off. Do you best to take care of your body and eyes and you will be fine.

3 Likes

I think you are focusing on a worst case scenario. I do that too a lot. Who knows, maybe your eyesight will remain. I’m sure there are people in your family who kept their eyesight too, so genetics could be in your favor.

I don’t think it’s a delusion, just worry.

3 Likes

Since there are more than one persons in your family who are blind, I’d say it is a realistic fear and so this falls under the category of anxiety. @Daisy79

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.