Is there hope?

Antipyschotics have never worked for me - only caused more problems than they’re worth. I’m trying to develop a med-free life, as I have over a year of experience off of pharmaceuticals with SZ and have found it to be the best route for me.

Sorry, but all antipsychotics do is dull your senses and calm you down - keep you from feeling delusions. They do not effectively treat anxiety, fear/paranoia, or take away audio or visual illusions. At least not in my case and many confirmed others.

yes, i think some schizophrenics could find an relieve other where. but in my case,i suffer a lot,i am trying the last option-clozapine… the meds help a lot of people also.
take care :slight_smile:

try going outside and taking walks as a first step to overcoming your panic. breathe slow deep breaths too. stay calm as you can.

‘is there hope?’ , funny , that’s the definition of hope… :slight_smile:

Where do you live? (cc: others: Leponex is a brand name for Clozaril clozapine in France and elsewhere in Europe.)

Do you have other dxs besides sz?

Do (or did) you have any neurological conditions?

Did you have a serious physical trauma before the onset of your sz?

I may be able to help you if you answer these questions.

@shellys12 said…

“I am left on the shelf no one wants me”

I noticed you joined this site on Valentines day of last year. I just have one question for you…

Would you be my valentine?

:wink:

I bet your last boyfriend blew it…

1 Like

Patrick I’d love to be your valentine. Message me on the 14th x

2 Likes

I was pretty awful as well, until I started an antidepressant… Schizophrenia and depression are so unbelievably linked - the doctors now acknowledge it… I wish you the best

I’m with you and I might be what people call “med resistant.” I tried zyprexa, seroquel, a strong injectable and they didn’t really work so I have just been off medications for a few months now. What I do for my symptoms is take the natural cure route and went with a bunch of vitamins which has helped immensely. I eat a full garlic a day with vitamins like niacin, vitamin C, a complete one a day vitamin, folic acid, magnesium with minor cardio excercise. I wouldn’t recommend doing the exact same, but you can try adding some vitamins with your current medication.

1 Like

notmoses, other than the scizophrenia i am depressed and anxious. no other conditions if its not my high pulsation for which i take betabloquers. my doc assures me that i should recover et start to feel positive emotions. they are blunted for me because of the sz…
what do u think, 4 months is not enough to see a progress?

There is hope, but everyone has a different capacity for recovery. And anyone with sz will have to work hard to achieve some form of recovery. I have made a lot of progress, but I can’t do everything normal people can. For example, I used to love travelling, but now it tires me out for weeks or months and makes me so stressed I become disorganized. So if I want to function I have to keep travelling at a minimum.

4 months is not long hang in there

but can an ap help my anguishes?.. i am a little bit afraid event with my mom. can it become worse?

Don’t think it get worse . It more likely improve

do you believe that meds can help me? my friends tell me to stop them. i thought i would be fine in 3 months but theres nothing like this in 4 months

Anti-psychotics can effect people differently, but I think they more dull you emotionally than remove the pain. They don’t cure sz. They treat the symptoms. For me, any AP that removes my emotional pain dulls me substantially. Keep working with your pdoc to find an AP that works for you. You might find one that does what you need without dulling you too much.

dont know,my doc doesnt want to stop them. i have stomach tide,its really painfull… i suffer tremendously emotionnaly

Please try to fight that sort of thinking… I had a doc once give me the most doom and gloom prognosis… that I would never get better… I would never make it… nothing will ever help…

I believed it and didn’t try to get better any more… I just curled up and got worse.
Then I ended up with a different doc who helped bring me around…

You can get better… if meds aren’t working for you… fight for a good support system… CBT therapy… day centers… look into other supportive services your country offers…

But don’t give up… Good luck…

i feel really bad now. i have the impression that ill die. i think that leponex shoud have been working till now… i am more paranoid on it, is it possible?

What age are u?
If you are young u are lucky as new meds will come out
Maybe u need try another med?