Is there anything worse than finding a hair in your food?

I found a hair in my food today. Fortunately, I believe it was my own since it was homecooked and was fairly long.(The preparer has extremely short hair).

It’s particularly nasty when you find one in take out though…because you don’t know if it was theirs or yours. I hate it when I find one in takeout food. It kills my appetite.

Gross.

3 Likes

I worked in restaurants for 5 years. Everyone had the policy of a having the cooks wear a hat or hairnet to avoid this problem. The flaw in the system is the servers, they didn’t have to follow that rule.

2 Likes

If I know it’s my hair,

I’m not grossed out.

It’s pretty easy to tell because I have really long, dark hair.

But a foreign hair?

No way.

3 Likes

There is something worse… finding a hair in your mouth after you’ve already taken a bite. That makes me stop eating. I don’t care if it’s my hair or who’s, gross.

4 Likes

Yeah, taking a bite of something with maggots in it before you realize.

Had that issue with some generic gas station peanut butter cups about 20 years ago.

4 Likes

"Is there anything worse than finding a hair in your food?

Nazis

3 Likes

Haha, ok you got me there. There are many worse things but that doesn’t make it any less gross.

2 Likes

Yea seeing other ppls crap in public toilets.

2 Likes

Waking up after a drunk and finding food in your hair because you tossed your cookies at some point while you were sideways. It be 90% dried and crusty by that point but you’re still too wrecked to do anything about it.

I so don’t miss that in my life.

2 Likes

It’s so gross finding food in your hair.

2 Likes

Well, if it is a public hair then yea for sure. :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

Yeah, finding two hairs.

3 Likes

I always wondered why there was a long white rat with a big red nose and a loopy tail triple wrapped in tissue paper and buried at the bottom of the bathroom trash can.

Dah dip der lah doop.

2 Likes

Did you ever find out??

mnbvcfdsazxc

2 Likes

worse thing : hair of genitals. :nauseated_face:

1 Like

I went to restaurant in Paris years and and the waitress put her hand down her pants the food wasn’t good either

1 Like

@shellys12 You know, restaurants in Paris are often made for tourists. You have to look on the “trip advisor” or seek advice from Parisians.
Your experience cannot be generalized.

1 Like

No it was a very cheap restaurant

2 Likes

You answered your question yourself. There are bad restaurants everywhere.
I live not far from Paris and I can tell you that there are great inexpensive restaurants. :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.