Is there anything better than the commute home from work?

maybe not if you have to drive through heavy traffic, but i’ve never had that problem. the good thing about working on a golf course is you start early, like 6am and are done working by 2 or 3pm, so you still have plenty of time left in the day. i always crank up the tunes and roll down the window, it’s almost better than being back home.

2 Likes

ah when i still worked and i drove the sea container trucks i always had to bring back one container to the harbor docks when i went home (i live near the harbor)… but usually it had been a really long day already so it was very tiresome to do that… but i did enjoy the last trip too, knowing that i would go home after that.

1 Like

I prefer work than commute. In california traffic sucks. I wish i could just teleport lol…

2 Likes

I agree, in most places I’ve worked in California the commute was terrible. Not in this little town I’m in now though, it’s fine. But, alas, I no longer work.

2 Likes

Used to drive through rush hour traffic to get to work when I was a park ranger. Took me an hour to get to work. The trip back at 9:00 pm wasn’t that bad. That was 1999-2001.

In 2016-2017 I was living in a board & care and every morning had to walk 4 blocks to my car and then drive an hour to get to my janitor job through rush hour traffic and drive an hour back to get home. This area is notorious for it’s bad traffic. But whatcha goin to do?

Now I don’t have to be to work until 10:00 am and I take a city street and the traffic in the morning is not that bad. Takes about 20 minutes to get to work.

1 Like

I have to be careful on my commutes. The cat likes to run between my legs when I’m going up and down the stairs of my home. Pretty sure she’s trying to kill me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.