Is there anyone on this site who is depressed a lot?

I’m on a steroid for the next 3 days for inflammation in my back. And OMG have I been depressed.

I just got off the phone with the suicide prevention line and they said to shower, eat healthier, and call my psych nurse.

So I did all of those things. The shower and veggies I’m eating r n are really helping I think.

Just wondering what you all do when you get really depressed.

7 Likes

Honestly? I just sort of lay in bed and wait for it to pass :confused:

5 Likes

I’m depressed far more often than manic. And I never get true mania. Just hypomanic. But even that bit of mania qualifies me as bipolar type instead of depressive type sza.

3 Likes

I put the radio on my headphones and just zone out. I also talk to my mom a lot when I’m feeling down.

5 Likes

I’m depressed a lot.
I too let it pass by lying down on my couch.

3 Likes

I think perhaps I’m depressed and masking it with caffeine and nicotine.

Plus I’m on max dose of Lexapro.

Good on you though for calling the hotline and learning some tricks that help. I will look at veggies in a newer light now…

6 Likes

I’m never depressed. I haven’t been depressed in over 16 years. I’ve only gotten hypomanic once in those 16 years and that was due to the ingestion of THC in Delta 8 edible CBD.

3 Likes

My solution is to put on some favorite music and wait for it to pass. I get moderate depression several times a month for brief periods and I learned many moons ago to watch that alcohol intake.

3 Likes

Can you describe your ‘moderate’ depression?

I’m just trying to Gauge what I’m experiencing.

1 Like

I mean, honestly? When I’m really depressed, laying in bed is probably the safest thing I can do

2 Likes

I talk, move, and think slower. I feel it physically like there is an anvil on my chest. I lose interest in hobbies and I may watch very little TV without pausing it a million times.

I only call depression severe when I get suicidal thoughts.

:rainbow:

2 Likes

Im really depressed today. I go through bouts of mania where I have tons of energy and then feel wiped out to the point of exhaustion, depression, and dizziness. Someone recommended certain vitamins that I bought online. I may get some L-Theanine too. Just took some Valerian root tabs I feel better now. I think sleep is connected to depression and its all holistically related.

2 Likes

Very depressed in the last few months.

2 Likes

I’m on the max dose of Elavil (old school antidepressant). Before that med got on board, I was very irritable, cranky, and would sleep excessively. Some of the mods/users here would probably argue I’m still irritable and cranky. :smiley: LOL

1 Like

I’ve been depressed a lot lately and kind of feeling hopeless about life circumstances… but I try my best to focus and study… I had a exam today and another to do for Sunday. When I feel to bad I take a break. Like I’m doing right now.

1 Like

my depression is alot more subtle now. it was unbearable for months along with agitation. now im chilling and on zoloft which must be helping

1 Like

I’ve suffered from severe depression, and has required hospitalization for attempted suicide. I stopped eating and drinking. I passed out due to dehydration with dangerously low blood pressure.

I now take Venlafaxine. I’m still depressed, but I’d say I’m mild - moderately depressed. Not severe.

2 Likes

I was really depressed today but most of the time I’m not

1 Like

I guess I have been somewhat,
but I’ve had a couple of bouts where a wave of darkness

hit me, or came over me, and the feeling was instant suicide,
but I never acted on it. One of these times was shortly after

I was in the hospital, and I was pulling in to my son’s sled hockey
rink, and heard the song on the car radio, Help Is On The Way.

I’m on a higher dose of Venlafaxine now. by the way that song is a great video, and I’ve never felt the same about My life again when I hear it now.

1 Like

This sounds like me :rofl:

1 Like