Is there a word

Is there a word to describe using extreme negative emotions to channel psychic activity? I’m trying to explain the concept to a friend and I’m not sure what to call it

What are you doing with it once you channel it?

1 Like
3 Likes

I think you are thinking of bird. Bird is the word.

6 Likes

Hypothetically? Anything. But I’m most worried about creating synthetic ghosts

3 words should do: Need More Haldol.

2 Likes

My pdoc said he doesn’t prescribe Haldol :wink:

Do you mean channeling it for good, or ill?

1 Like

@rocket @Cragger

Yes, for good or ill. But it’s the actual concept that I’m having trouble finding a word for. I’m starting to think I might have to invent a new one

So which is it? For good… Or for ill? Shamanism Springs to mind, but I’m not sure this forum is the place to discuss it

1 Like

Oh that’s an interesting idea! I’ll have to look into it

Oh yes! This is what I’ve been looking for

1 Like

What if you filled yourself with a good spirit instead ?

2 Likes

That’s what I’ve been trying to do, but unfortunately negative emotions are much more powerful. I think that’s just the way we’re wired.

Negative Bias: Why We're Hardwired for Negativity.

1 Like

Find something that can help you be more positive like practising a mantra or reading uplifting material. We need help.

That’s the great battle were called to in life. Conquering evil thoughts by replacing them with good ones and good actions.

2 Likes

The article on negative bias was quite interesting. I’m sure we can all learn something from it

1 Like

It’s like, the opposite of entropy

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.