Is there a reason for bad things happening?

I think so. If someone hadn’t used my name, Social Security number, and date of birth to file a fraudulent unemployment claim, I wouldn’t have moved out of my old apartment. Now that I have, my new landlord told me that the rent was going to go up to $700 a month, but I’m Grandfathered in at $575 because I signed a lease now.

It’s a strange coincidence.

3 Likes

The place I am in now is where I had planned to move when I turned 65 and could draw my pension in addition to Social Security.

1 Like

Regardless, it’s great that you got the lower rent

1 Like

Thanks @CoCo 1515

1 Like

I wish all bad things happened for a reason. I am due for some good luck, if that’s the case:) Congrats on your low rent.

1 Like

Thanks @non-average. Hopefully you will be lucky again.

There is no correlation between unfortunate events and the people associated with those events. All events randomly occur whether it be sequentially or not. Fraudulent unemployment claims are made due to many reasons such as exposed information, human error or carelessness. There is no cause and effect relationship between the increase in your rent and the fraudulent unemployment claim.

1 Like

Thanks @yinyang

Yea there’s a larger picture… they say hard workers have good luck :relaxed:

2 Likes

Thanks @ThePoet

1 Like

Sometimes, sometimes not. Good things can happen for no reason and bad things can happen for no reason. And the opposite is true too.
If you speed on the freeway and get a ticket, you know the reason why you got the ticket. If you’re at the supermarket and someone treats you bad or someone even bullies you, you might not know the reason why they’re doing it.

And there’s a million more examples of each.

1 Like

Thanks @77nick77

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.