Is there a correlation between schizophrenia and committing crimes?

Like not talking murder or rape or anything really heinous but I mean like survival crimes like car theft, counterfeiting, jewelry theft or stealing millions of dollars?

Curious to ask? Cause is it possible to be put in a psyche ward for illegal activity like that?

Sorry I’m asking cause I have an essay for my psyche class in college and I have to get it done on paper by Friday. It’s also 600 word essay. So thanks

Dude you posted about this yesterday and already got an answer. …

This might be one of the cases where your best bet it to ditch your current essay topic even though it’s last minute, and just power through a new one.

2 Likes

No there’s not a correlation. Writting about how there’s no correlation can help combat stigma, if you writte about that there is than you’re just lying.

2 Likes

There is no correlation. Read about negative symptoms and try figure out how on earth we could come up with criminal thoughts when we can’t take a shower or leave home.

Read about positive symptoms. How would a hallucinating person be able to make any important decisions for committing a crime. We are occupied with voices. Maybe if suicide is a crime in some countries, then we could be criminals there.

Schizophrenia makes you live in a bubble. In your reality and others outside the bubble tries to drag you out. Meds break the bubble.

Being on meds makes ju a passive lump. You can’t force yourself to do anything because meds are sedating.

3 Likes

Bruh you asked this yesterday. Are you just on here trolling to get a bunch of mentally ill folks riled up? Yesterday you tried to tell schizophrenics about how their brains work on drugs. Now you’re basically insinuating that schizophrenics are criminals. And btw I can tell you like drugs a bunch because nothing you’ve said has been written intelligently. And I’m a pot smoker, so don’t try to jump on me for being anti weed :wink: The short answer to your repeat question is “no” but I just felt like being a dick this morning and rustling your jimmies

3 Likes

There’s a higher correlation between non-szers and committing crimes. I do know that as fact. That might be a better essay topic.

1 Like

Stop trolling @Sourdieselking1

Agreed.

Pixel.
(Wearing moderator hat)

1 Like