Is the first day of quiting smoking the hardest

I haven’t been able to quit for at least the day and my voices say that iam gonna get tortured for it is the first day the hardest?

1 Like

I quit about a month before the virus hit.

It was a message from a higher power, I’ll tell you that much lol.

1 Like

Distractions. When I quit my vape a month ago, I had a bad habit of waking up in the morning and smoking with my coffee. So I did other things. I love cleaning, so I clean but you can distract yourself with small things, watch a video, go for walk, try to learn something online, explore new music. Just do something that requires action. That’s what helped me.

1 Like

The hardest is to convince myself why I should quit smoking ? The voices told me cause I am pesting the air. But I am still not convinced. I got bad asthma and breathing problems. Well, the air belongs to all of us, but make that clear to a dieseldriver.

1 Like

I imagine that depends on the individual, but believe me, it’s worth it. Think of the money you’ll save. Think how your health will improve. You can do it!

1 Like

The best part is being all fired up to quit. All the promises become fullfilled and i feel being on the top of the world, and than, like a worm, I get secound thoughts and that kills the whole idea. I think i got trust issues. Like the voices telling me, “trust me, you go to hell”

In a sense you will get torchered with all the medical complications coming along with smoking. I couldn’t trust that either, but its true, hard to believe but that is how its being told. I found happieness in my hell, but don’t tell anybody.

It gets easier. Best way is replace smoking behavior with something positive. Don’t snack or eat extra…do some exercise. It’s really, really, really worthwhile giving up. It’s a garbage drug. It deceives you to thinking you need it and gives you a really big addiction. You have nicotine receptors in your brain and for some it makes it so hard to give up…

Three days is physical addiction. After that it becomes a mental battle and psychological…keep your hands busy… I’m over a decade without and so much better. I smoked from 15 till 39 a pack a day when I could afford it.

2 Likes

Nicotin replacement therapy is working. I tried it many times. Personally i love smoking that much to live financial and mentally poor, go to hell and torchered and something I haven’t thought of yet.

I would say the hardest bit is around 1 - 3 weeks.

i quit for 10 days when i went into the hospital. But i was forced to in a way. I really didnt have many cravings i just made up my mind. But when you have alot of free time its easy to want to smoke and hearing the voices probably make you smoke more then you usually would. Try just doing things you enjoy doing and keep yourself busy. Maybe you have less craving. Try cutting down at first…

1 Like

Yeah, that is what i am afraid of. To clash with the authorities. Because i get hayfire. The balance of trust and mistrust is out of whack.

Yeah the voices give me cravings/feelings to smoke

I am stopped smoking for like 5 years. I allowed myself to get help, otherwise no go.

It is pretty cool to not fear I left a cigarette burning somewhere.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.