Schizophrenia.com

Is sz a giant con?

I don’t know. I am not sure. The mental health system got me early. I was only 19.

1 Like

They got their teeth into me when I was 17.

I have become dependent on them now for my medication, drivers license and benefits reviews.

So frustrating. Cannot stand it at all.

All these chemicals I take cannot be good long term

2 Likes

Its all about iq. The psychiatrist think they are more intelligent to control.

1 Like

We have definitely some deficit in our brain.at least in me.pschiatry made me more active and normal.i have some suicidal thoughts but it s not related with my medication.i was always suicidal before medicine.pdocs trying to help us.they have strong brutal tools for that but it will improve by time.just simple is that

3 Likes

I sometimes think it’s one big con.
I was sucked into the system when I was 20 years old.

I mean what really is schizophrenia/schizoaffective disorder?

There are no reliable tests for it?

Can’t really see much of anything through imaging tests?

Yeah sometimes it all feels so ■■■■■■■ fake.

3 Likes

@Wave

It’s important to keep questioning AND complying, both.

I talked to my new pdoc about Vraylar for the future, yesterday. I thought about @Aziz .

I think the worst inpatient pdoc once told me, that, if I work really hard, I may be able to work very part time in a place like a library one day.

6 Likes

By the time i finish contemplating my sz i am dead. I give up. When the doctors can’t work it out how i suppose to do it. I just take these prescribed gimmicks.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a giant con. I do have doubts about APs though and their effectiveness.

3 Likes

It’s all about function. IQ is one way of predicting how well you’ll function, but it isn’t always a good indicator.

5 Likes

I don’t think its a con. But there are some thinks that concerned me. One of them is that it takes ages to get an appointment with my doctor. Another thing I don’t like is that they don’t give you information on what is happening in your head. I thought my psychosis was something paranormal. Nobody told me that it was in my head, they just gave me medication. I was very confused. What I’m trying to say is that the doctors don’t see you as a person. It works like a machinery at least in my country. The just give you medication and now go out in the world.

2 Likes

I ve been told, they can calm your ship in a storm, but the rudder is in your hands.

3 Likes

I first got sick at 14 and didnt get real help til 24. Trust me, I was NOT doing well before then.

3 Likes

I think it was a bit rude to diagnose me with mental illness. Dirt on my skin i am not able to wash off. I admit i was confused.

1 Like

3 Likes

I think the diagnostic process is flawed, but it’s the best we have right now. People are working on more effective means of diagnosis and treatment. We have already come lightyears in just the past 20 years, as our older members can attest to.

4 Likes

This meme is underrated.

1 Like

NB For many of us on the autism spectrum adaptive functioning can lag significantly behind IQ.

2 Likes

Doctors on a high IQ list I’m on. Ones with a listed score as good or worse than mine.

168 Dr Nikolaos Katevas, Greece, Cube, www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=172188622
165 Dr Eick Sternhagen, Germany, Perspectiq, www.facebook.com/eick.sternhagen
164 Dr Manahel Thabet, Yemen, Stanford-Binet, www.smarttipsconsultants.com
162 Dr Donato Stolfa, Italy, Mathema, www.facebook.com/d3nny89
158 Dr Jeremy Saget, France, Mathema, www.facebook.com/dr.jeremy.saget
157 Dr Bishoy Goubran, Egypt, Fiqure, www.facebook.com/B.Nicolas.666
156 Dr Daniel Piersee, United States, Asterix, www.linkedin.com/in/drdanielpiersee
148 Dr Jawdat Wehbe, Venezuela, Numerus Light, http://ve.linkedin.com/in/jawdat-wehbe-wehbe-75b664129

http://www.psiq.org/home.html

My adaptive functioning is way below that.

2 Likes

Current meds are usless in improving life quality and treating negative symptoms. My dr told me that there is no meds yet for negative symptoms and that to treat negatives, meds have to increase dopamine in certain brain parts while lowering dopamine in certain parts. He also told me the antipsychotics history and how some patients were still not functional after being on meds.

2 Likes

I think schizophrenia does exist. However, I think that a diagnosis of schizophrenia should put more emphasis on environmental factors, particularly stress. For example, what was happening in a person’s life when they had a psychotic break? So maybe medication, with some exceptions, should not be the initial treatment for schizophrenia. That said, there should be no judgment or belief that a person who is overwhelmed by stress has some type of character flaw.

I do think there’s a genetic component to schizophrenia, but environmental factors (stress) may play more of a role than is currently considered. As an example, I believe this website is beneficial because we get to talk to each other about stressful events that have happened, or are happening, in our lives without judgment.

3 Likes