Is sugar the reason for being overweight

I have also been on the Ketogenic diet. Less than 50 grams of carbs a day. I’ve lost a lot of weight fairly quickly. I’ve read it can be good to lessen some symptoms of schizophrenia for some people. Also the APs make us very sensitive to glucose so its good to cut down on carbs to avoid things like diabetes.

From that WHO guideline: 10% of 2000=200 kcal=50g of sugar.

I don’t know what you mean by ‘fine’. :thinking:
As diabetics know sugar is still sugar and fruits and honey have the same effects of sweets on Glycemia.

Paradoxically one of the biggest reason that make sucrose unhealthy is that it is 50% fructose (the ‘natural’ sugar of fruits and honey…) and fructose has a different metabolism than glucose.
https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/86/4/895/4649668

‘fruits n honey have same effect as sweets on glycaemia’. There are quite a few low gi fruits u have to remember they have high water content a lot of the time, and fibre which slows release of sugar examples are grapefruit apples pears strawberry peaches so they don’t compare to sweets which give rapid gi peaks

Yes they have water and some fibers but they give rapid gi peaks too, therefore they say to diabetics to not eat more than 2 fruits a day and to avoid honey, sweet fruits like grape and ‘natural’ fruit juices with no added sugars.

Yes I can see why they should not eat more than two fruit I did not know that but I guess eating too many fruit can increase the sugar peak and how long the sugar peak stays(glycaemic load). Still there are some fruit with low gi if eaten just once like apples are only 39. Grapefruit is 25. Just not to eat lots. Whereas some carbs are like 70

Yes but if they are complex carbs they take a lot of time to turn into glucose.

1 Like

sorry i was referring to refined carbs i like white rice white bread

Yes these are complex carbs.

1 Like

Oh ok lol, but still they can have high GIs so that means they do affect the blood sugar levels quickly eventhough they are in long chains of glucose rather than simple sugars. The wholegrain versions GI a bit less though

1 Like

Yes wholegrains help and what helps even more is to eat them with veggies to add even more fibers.

1 Like

Are you a fan of Legion? Love that show and I have the reprint of David’s first appearance in the comics.
The lame thing is the writers at Marvel didn’t know much about mental illness and conflated schizophrenia with multiple personality disorder.

1 Like

Yes @TheNicestFreak ! I’m a legion fan. I didn’t read the comics, I was searching on the streaming site for shows, and when I saw it was hero that listens to voices I immediately decided to watch the show. I only knew he was Charles Xavier son halfway through it.

Yes I agree, they were a little confused with his illness, but the show has great special effects and have good edition too. I love the show! :grin:

Just 11 more days for David comeback!

1 Like

Yeah I’ve been waiting for Season 2. Yeah it has awesome special effects, and it’s super creepy when they explore Davids Mind and Ahmoud Farouk is discovered by his girlfriend.

I used to be into comics, sorry for going on about them but he David has a pretty rich history in them. Sometimes he acts unpredictably in them though and causes disastrous things to happen, mostly without any harmful intent. Part of it is because he’s so powerful. He’s one of the Marvel Universe’s most powerful mutants, and when he integrated his multiple personalities, he could even travel through time.

I’m wondering if David escapes from his predicament on his own or he gets help in S02. Keep in mind I watched S01 around the time it first aired, and my memory isn’t perfect so I don’t remember some of the details.

1 Like

I’ve only watched this year, don’t worry, I like to know details(but not spoilers please :grin: ).Usually in comics and manga the story is always more complete and clear. If I didn’t read so much I would probably read them. When I have time to read(on vacation) it’s the last thing I want to do. I suffer a lot when I’ve to study. When I watch tv I don’t hear them, so when I’m free I take vacation from my voices too :sweat_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.