Schizophrenia.com

Is sugar fattening

Sugar is the primary energy fuel for the brain.

There are different kinds of sugar. The sugar we get from fruit doesn’t cause a spike in blood sugar levels followed by a sugar crash. Regular table sugar has calories with no nutritional benefit. There is no protein, vitamins, or minerals in table sugar. Protein helps regulate the sugar in your blood, so that it doesn’t spike, and then crash. I consume a lot of sugar myself. I have a terrible sweet tooth. I don’t know if it has done any damage to me.

B vitamins like biotin,thiamine,b6,niacinamide helps to oxidize sugar.Meaning converting into energy.

I learned something new. I have some B vitamins in my drawer. I need to take them out.

Sugar is toxic and high caloric

1 Like

Braggs nutritional yeast is full of B vitamins.
You can sprinkle it on anything–popcorn tastes real good with this on it

beef liver has all b vitamins and the most important minerals.A complete food

You can easily live on milk coffee and 30 grams of beef liver.

I found it fattening. Whenever I have turned to sugared drinks I begin to gain weight. I always wondered if it was just my body and the way it reacts to it though. My sister can drink sugared drinks and be OK but crisps/potatoe chips are issue with her.

I tend to just drink water and tea. I never buy in those drinks anymore. As for fruit. Bananas and avocados.

I don’t eat much fruit. I suppose I could eat more.

1 Like

Calories are fattening if you take in more than you need. It’s not rocket science. There’s no such thing as bad foods, only bad diets.

1 Like

Taking biotin with sweetened drinks can help 15mg per day

I think the general scientific consensus is that simple carbohydrates like sugar, potatoes, pasta, high-sugar juices and drinks, and even high sugar fruit, etc. are significant contributors to diabetes, weight gain, heart disease and cancer and are something you want to avoid to be healthy.

"Many refined carbohydrate foods produce a high-glycaemic response, thereby promoting postprandial carbohydrate oxidation at the expense of fat oxidation, thus altering fuel partitioning in a way that may be conducive to body fat gain.15 This is in contrast to foods that produce a low-glycaemic response and lower postprandial insulin secretion.

The glycaemic index (GI) of carbohydrates affects cardiovascular risk factors and glycaemic control in diabetics, and may play a role in appetite control.16 A number of studies have suggest that replacing high GI foods with similar low GI foods can reduce passive over-consumption of energy or lead to a greater loss of fat compare to lean body tissue during dieting.

See more here: