thoughts and reaction is number one

your reaction to any situation is a choice

1 Like

True you can control your reactions,

But how can you control your thoughts?

by training your mind

its a learning process

1 Like

Have you ever done CBT or anything like that?

I feel like you can “train your mind” in lots of ways,

But stress isn’t one of those things I can control.

1 Like

To a certain extent yes. You can’t always control what happens to you but you can control how you react to it, CBT can really help with that, there are courses online you can sign up for. Some free and others paid.

I don’t think people can help feeling stressed out

1 Like

how you respond to stress is a choice. stress itself is inevitable, if it could be controlled we’d all be stress-free.

all i know is that when i get stressed and anxious i have little control so i try to control the physical symptoms by taking deeper breaths but i am not very good at this, its a psychological thing which is hidden and buried deep inside,

distraction helps but i seem to get worried about my distractions atm bc my wwork has kind of stalled bc i have no-one to help me design my website (i tried a few times but have lost confidence in my ability)

so if the distractions are causing me stress and bc i am inside more (like a caged animal) this is also stressful, and i can feel myself get depressed, i’ve been having really bad thoughts as well bout ww3 and China as well :frowning:

I think it is important not to worry too much and over think things too much. Then it’s all good. Also I find working hard pays off to reduce stress aswell. I think I’m managing my stress OK atm. For that reason.

Yea i your right its a choice sometimes.

1 Like

Say if there is a medication that will block stress and bad feelings from it and you don’t take it does that make it a choice i guess so. Lol and everyone complains about stress well they never met psychiatry much I guess :joy:

1 Like

I believe it is inevitable. Figuring out how to deal with it in a rational way is tricky. Otherwise life becomes unstable.

I get stressed when I think about working again. I try not to think about it.

I can’t control the fact that a bunch of my customers are idiots who cause stress to every person them come into contact with (especially with their vehicles). I can make the choice to not let it eat at me when work is done.

That medication would be a bad choice. Stress is like pain, it alerts you to a problem that needs to be dealt with.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.