Is stigma a delusion?

Perhaps the stigma they speak of so very much is nothing more than a delusion?

Like that senator who’s son tried to kill him with a knife recently, not stigma really i should say.

Let’s face it, they have a reason to view us that way, there is no stigma and never was.

There is too much ignorance and misinformation behind schizophrenia. The masses are misinformed and lied to about our condition. The media adds fuel to the fire, sort of speak. Stigma exists and thrives

4 Likes

when your paranoid it IS hard to know what is real and what is imagined i thinkit take subtler forms such as over the neighbourhoof fence why doesnt he go out andd get a job, or kids laughing and throwing stones at the crazy homeless person stigma is very real but i guess i also always on the look out for it.

1 Like

I think it’s a combination.

2 Likes

fear can cause stigma.

3 Likes

I think it can be both. I believe it really exists. I also believe that if you expect to see something that you will see it even if the intention is not there. Kind of like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

1 Like

I think people without schizophrenia should stay in the family section if they havent got anything nice to say.

I think stigma exists but around particular peoples.