Is peanut butter healthy?

A few tablespoons here and there is good. But it is a high fat food (not all good fat, still has a good bit of saturated fat.)

It also has a lot of calories. 2 tbsp = 188 calories. I save it for smoothies and what not mostly.

1 Like

Depends on the amount of sugar content. I eat peanut butter for the healthy calories intake.

1 Like

If you get the stuff that just has peanuts, yeah. If you get the Kraft regular shiz you’re also getting sugar, salt, and all kinds of other agents added. Hint: Any peanut butter that can survive more than two days at room temp isn’t good for you. The bacteria leave it alone for a reason.

1 Like

Nuts are quite healthy for you, they are classed as a super food. I am not sure about peanut butter though, I would not be surprised if they add all sorts of unhealthy stuff in there.

1 Like

It has peanut oil which isn’t very healthy. I used to have a health conscious friend who would eat almond butter instead

2 Likes

I hope it is

both Phil and my son eat a lot of it

Jif, the real stuff, not low fat.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s not healthy.

2 Likes

I heard about 10 years ago - that eating p .nuts every day helps with weight loss

2 Likes

I can’t eat it in moderation so it’s not healthy for me.

2 Likes

Read the labels. Though p nuts have a semi bad kind of fat. nuts in general have healthy oils which are chock full of good nutrients we need.

Low fat isn’t isn’t the only criteria

2 Likes

Yeah I know just saying, peanuts are going to be more healthy than peanut butter.

1 Like

People need fat and there is some in the peanut butter. And there’s some very important stuff inside peanuts like in the most seeds anyway. Like said before, don’t over-do anything and it’s almost always healthy.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.