Is non pet owner ship speciest towards certain species?

Non participation in the caring and raising of animals basically implying animals shouldn’t exist, as many usually go instinct without human intervention

I’m not saying it’s immoral, just speciesist

Thoughts?

dogs are special

they can start to look like their owner

and they can almost talk

I would have more pets, but Deoge wouldn’t go for it.

Neither should professional football if we’re making a list of things that are an offence to the common good.

I’m not sure I understand the question.
Are you asking whether we feel keeping animals in zoos to preserve the species is a good thing?

I have one cat, and I love her, but if I could get away with it, I would have like 12 of them.

2 Likes

Not sure about that one, but the animals that serve as companions should be preserved, and bred to make better. If i had to guess zoos, are mainly for damage control or harm reduction since humans by nature spread

Raising animals takes a lot of resources. Not everyone can handle it, nor should they be required to.

That said, if I could own a cat without the risk of getting toxoplasma, or without having to clean its leavings, I would totally do that.

you are right. I’m not saying there’s anything inherently wrong with speciesm. Some people are pushed that way, cause unable to care for animals

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.