Is my husband having a mid life crisis? Should I go along with it?

My friend and brother keep telling they should leave the city, and live in the outskirts.
Both is wise, but not heard of woods.

1 Like

I just feel like,

We don’t have the responsablilities of children.

We really can do what the hell we want.

Why not have a big adventure?

My biggest concern is medical emergencies.

5 Likes

A mid-life crisis for a man is when he perms his hair and buys a convertible.

Wanting to live in the woods is another level.

5 Likes

I think it would be a good experience, if you’re not too old or debilitated. You can always change your mind.

1 Like

Just learn where the hospital near you is. Also learn as much first aid as you can. There’s a lot of good books on medical care for area without doctors.

Buy a lot of medical supplies, like good first aid kits that you stock yourself.

I’m most concerned about his high blood pressure. Healthy lifestyle doesn’t always cure that.

2 Likes

Maybe find an area that is rich in gems or go treasure hunting?

1 Like

But how bout finding a nice prebuilt home/cabin rental in the wilderness, and live off the land and such. That just seems more possible for two person. Building shelter sounds tiring and expensive, and loss of nice amenities.

2 Likes

Coming off all of your meds is a terrible idea.
No, I wouldn’t go along with his plan

4 Likes

It sounds great. Why not?
Give it a try.

1 Like

Buying an RV and traveling to different campsites around the country is one thing.

Living in the woods is ridiculous. Is your husband delusional? And why are so many posters encouraging such a rash decision?

6 Likes

How could he work remote living in the woods? No electricity or wi-fi.

3 Likes

Tell him to do some survival style camping trips first and have him get that sense of adventure he is looking for.

2 Likes

You do realize you can have a house in the woods and still have electricity, internet, and the like?

2 Likes

How? No cable.151515

1 Like

It might be ok. Would you feel lonely or isolated? I think it’s imperative that if you do it you stay on meds and see the pdoc quarterly like you suggested

1 Like

Theres satellite internet.

But I skimmed over the part where he wants to live without all that.

That’s more of a survival camping for a week or month thing.

3 Likes

Has your husband ever done long camping trips? Like where you cook everything on a fire, just a tent, no camping vehicles.

What about inclement weather? Pouring rain? Mosquitos, ticks, all that fun stuff?

2 Likes

I honestly think it’s not the best idea…

Where will you find these woods to live in? Will you buy property?

Isn’t most woods or land owned by states or public land or private land? Which I don’t think you can just go live on/homestead on…

Idk, maybe I’m wrong…

2 Likes

Overall I think it’s a terrible idea.
And I agree with @Patrick
Why are so many people encouraging her?

3 Likes

Its fine to encourage a survival camping adventure. Those are fun. But he should keep all his possesions and house and stuff

3 Likes