Is maintaning a healthy weight important to you!

Hey guy as above, its very important to me, i went from 21 stone to 14 stone in 5 years! i find i feel much better nowdays, thoughts?

9 Likes

That’s really hard to do. That’s great.

3 Likes

Nice job on the weight loss.

I’m losing weight pretty easily now that I’ve switched to a more weight-neutral antipsychotic. I’m aiming for a weight in the higher end of the range considered healthy for my height. I’ve found I don’t really mind being “bigger”; I mainly just want to be healthy.

3 Likes

I’m working on losing weight. Doing good so far. I hope to be at the perfect weight for my height

2 Likes

I really want to lose weight but it seems to be impossible.

1 Like

I’ve put on so much weight since starting anti psychotics. I’d love to lose it but the only thing that was ever successful was keto - and I’d rather be fat than do extreme dieting again.

1 Like

Yes it’s important but binge eating seems to be more important. I need to set my priorities right. Pcos symptoms will improve with lower weight apparently according to doctor.

And reduce my risk of stroke. I’m at high risk.

1 Like

For some reason i dont get taken too seriously by medical, cos im the opposite - i struggle to keep the weight on. Im just about in the green zone on a BMI Chart.

Some people say “just stuff your face” - but when it feels like a chore, and your just not enjoying it, its not so easy.

I dont fancy heart disease either by constantly having fried food.
My Cholestrol was 1 lol, last time i checked.

2 Likes

I ate a lot of pizza yesterday but usually I’m trying not to eat so much.
The meds I take slow down my metabolism so I’m gaining weight.

It’s so hard to lose weight like this but I have no choice, I have to be on these meds.

2 Likes

For me I find grains are making me gain weight. Escpecially wheat. I just got to try to avoid it, but it’s a little hard because many easy to make foods have wheat like pizza, pasta, hamburgers etc. I guess I’m just gonna have to be hard with myself and cut down.

They should have a BMI detector at the shop that cancel your credit card for uhealthy foods if you are not in the green :smile:

1 Like

I kind of decided to just let it all go I gained 90 lbs from antipsychotics

Adding exercise has really improved my mental health. Wish I could have been more pro active when I was younger and newly diagnosed but like many it’s meds and negatives. Still. Best thing for negatives for me is exercise…it’s a positive circle and well done on keeping a healthy weight.

1 Like

I like to keep the weight off

In the last 8 months I have lost 20 kilos

Need to try and keep it down this time as before I let it slip

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.