Is life fair?

Do you think life is fair? :thinking::blue_heart::green_heart::yellow_heart::heart::fairy:‍♀
Because I feel like some people experience more problems or problems of a higher intensity compared to some.

1 Like

Life isn’t fair, it isn’t right that some of us have such a hard time just living from day to day, and yet when you have suffered, you would never wish it on anyone. But I do think that some people just breeze through life and don’t appreciate how lucky they are.

6 Likes

In a way life is not fair because some people have worse problems than others. In another way life is very fair because the luckiest person in the World ends up in the same place as the unluckiest. And into every life a little rain does fall.

4 Likes

Life is not fair!! No one ever said it would be though.

And I think even people who have lesser problems have to deal with a lot of ■■■■ too. In the end everyone gets screwed it’s not just a few szs or something.

The smart ones learn to accept that everyone gets screwed and live with it better I believe.

Even someone with the happiest life they are still susceptible to illness or disaster so they know there lives could change so no one can be truly happy people are just trying to make the most of the one life they have

1 Like

Life doesn’t treat everyone equally.
Many unfortunate people find solace in religious faith. Others resort to alcohol or hard drugs and lose their minds. Some even choose to end their days. But then, even a guy like Elvis Presley who had a lot going for him died of an overdose. It makes you wonder what the heck is wrong with us humans?

2 Likes

Life is far from fair, the human experience is so widely variable depending on where and to who you are born, social status and wealth, even access to food. Not everyone has the chances others do

I try to keep an inventory of everything I’ve been blessed with, and have gratitude towards

1 Like

Life is neither fair nor unfair. Life is what you make of it. Good and bad things are going to happen to everyone. It is how we react and keep reacting when these things happen that make life what it is - the result of your daily decisions.

You decide whether or not to watch TV or read or meet a friend. You decide whether to eat the super-deluxe nasty burger or a salad. You decide whether to buy a new car you really can’t afford or a used one that does the job. You decide whether or not to change your life circumstances.

Generally speaking, when you put yourself into situations in which bad (or good) things COULD happen, the odds of it happening go way up.

Think of it this way (just a random example, easy to understand): If I decide to go to a shady bar with my friends and drink, the odds of getting into a bar fight or drinking and driving go way up. If I had decided not to go, the odds of either of those (negative) things happening to me are essentially zero.

My point, again, is that life is neither fair nor unfair. There are plenty of people who have total horror stories of lives that turned it around. There are plenty of “handicapped” people doing things I have never done.

“Unfair” is generally a cry for sympathy. I don’t have much. Someone I know was born a special-needs baby. She is 13, looks 7 and has the mind of a 2 year old. Fair? Probably not by the “life is unfair” standards everyone likes to throw around. It takes a lot of work (I am told) to take care of a special needs kid. But the parents don’t think life is “unfair” because of it. They deal with it like responsible, mature adults.

And that is how you deal with life.

1 Like

Well the only logical reason that makes life fair to me is having faith in karma and reincarnation. We are settling karmic debts via the pairs of opposites eg. pain and pleasure, poverty and wealth, health and sickness etc. until our soul is liberated. The belief in karma and reincarnation is what keeps me “sane” when I see unfair things happening in life.

Logic and faith are mutually exclusive

1 Like

All my life I had it very unfair. My life was filled with abuse, hardship and sorrow. Now, though, it seems that I breeze through life. So, circumstances can change.

2 Likes

Of course it isn’t. Many a great thinker has offered up alternatives but I guess we live as we live. If anything, people should be offered the opportunity of fairness. That would be cool in my book.

1 Like

Sometimes it can be fair; other times, not.

1 Like

It’s not fair at all. People are born into starvation, and others drive Mercedes.

I feel that life is very random.

But having suffered a lot I do get angry at first world problems being an issue for people, I mean that people who skate through life without experiencing hardship. Their lives must be shallow though.

1 Like

Its all relative imo, sometimes you just have to play the hand you were dealt.

1 Like

if you think about it, is more like a fair then a Zoo. all those rides and games.

1 Like

Everybody has their demons. Do you personally know someone who has “skated” through life? Everybody has their challenges and their ups and downs.

I’ve seen some of the luckiest people and I’ve seen some of the unluckiest people where they were born into bigger problems compared to others.

Life is not game where fairness plays a role like in sports. I don’t know if there is thing like justice either. We all know what nature is like.