Is lidi and Aldi stores in your country?

Have both… never been to the lidl though

@anon83141956 oh ok. Well that’s good

2 Likes

We have Aldi here in South Australia but I cannot shop there as I get too anxious and stressed at their checkout. Their checkout system is way too fast for me.

They had Lidl when I was in Germany.

Northern Virginia had a few Aldi’s. Haven’t seen any in the Bay Area since I moved to California though.

We have an Aldis here in Kansas but its way out south of town so I never go there

We have Aldi in Australia and they have done well. Haven’t the other mob as of yet as far as I know.

An Aldi moved in right across from Walmart a few years ago. I don’t go there too often because I sense some intense hostility from the other customers there. I think they are conservative Christian.

I used to shop at Aldi’s and the prices were nice. And back when I was into excessive consumption of sugar I liked those jars of candy that occasionally popped up. And before I quit chocolate I could truly indulge. Great store.

1 Like

Lidl yes in Finland

Aldi and Lidl pay staff more than the average supermarkets in the UK because the staff all have managerial responsibilities, I heard. I know Morissons and Sainsburys recently raised their wages, which seems fair.

In the US, we have it in the Midwest at least in Missouri. There’s zero in California. Aldi’s. Never seen a Lidl.

We have Lidl in Bulgaria, yeap. Not Aldi though…
They have nice, interesting articles in Lidl on relatively good prices.

We have No Frills (Loblaw’s Group), Sobey’s (Safeway, I think), Co-op, and Walmart where I live for groceries. No Frills and Walmart are the affordable ones, I go to Sobey’s when I don’t want a crowd and because their bakery is the best.

My problem with Lidl(never been in an Aldi) is the small packing area and the way things are rushed through. It’s definitely not ‘probably dyspraxic’ friendly. There are both ‘cheap but good’ and ‘cheap because it’s crap’ items .

1 Like

Lidl in France : yes. Interesting week’s theme like US or Greek food.

ALDI : GOOD DIFFERENT

1 Like

Ah, a fellow Missourian.

Q: What do you call a good looking girl on the University of Central Missouri campus?

A: A visitor.

1 Like

The Aldi and Lidl they have in scandinavia are notorious for mistreating employees.
Timing bathroom breaks to deduct it from pay, making employees work double shifts and “forgetting” to pay for the extra hours, etc.

I used to work for Aldi. I liked my job. It paid well, $2 more an hour than most everyone else. It was a lot of work, cashiers also stock.