Is lidi and Aldi stores in your country?

Great value in items

1 Like

yes we have aldi, they are non union.

whats non union mean>?

2 Likes

aldi is a little out of my way, the only thing i go there for is hemp seeds for my smoothies. haven’t been there in a year. i usually get my groceries at kroger which has everything i need and is union.

non union means there employees are not in a workers union having collective bargaining on wages and mediation and job protection. i like unions but don’t always shop at union grocers. sometimes i go to walmart too. kroger has the best fresh produce around here and everything i need other than hemp seeds. 80% of the time i shop there.

aldi also has good cheap wines right as you walk in the door, but i don’t drink anymore.

1 Like

I never heard of them, and I live in Arkansas. Just Kroger, Cash Saver, and Walmart grocery stores.

1 Like

we don’t have lidi, i have never heard of that one.

1 Like

I shop in Aldi, I heard its German owned, its food I find is quite nice, and plenty of bargins to be had

1 Like

there mostly in europe i heard

2 Likes

Thanks pedro27.

1 Like

We have Aldi here in Iowa. Never heard of Lidi though.

2 Likes

opps sorry

its called Lidl

Still never heard of it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

We have Lidl here in Finland including our town. That’s where I get most of my stuff from.

1 Like

We have Aldi in Florida.

Aldi is owned by two brothers who are German. They also own Trader Joe’s.

2 Likes

Which means they can charge lower prices for their food cos they pay their employees less. Makes me want to boycott

1 Like

As I’m sure @Bowens can attest to, Aldi is pretty popular alongside Hyvee, which I happen to work for as a stocker.

1 Like

I think it’s ok here.

Most supermarkets pay minimum wage, so an Aldi worker will earn at least the same as any other place here in the UK

2 Likes

I have an Aldi’s within one mile of where I live in the US, mid-atlantic region. I get almost everything I seek and at really great prices. This brings me a lot of satisfaction. I am devoted to the store. I am so thankful.

In the UK, Aldi and LIDL pay relatively well to their employees. I was thinking of working there and I found out.

2 Likes

In US Aldi pays well

1 Like