Is it weird that I think I want to be schizophrenic or like it

Hopefully everything goes well for you.

1 Like

Thats kind of cool actually, as long as you dont go off the deep end and can handle lifes ups and downs. Make the most of it. I think knowing inner strength is the best asset and first step is acceptance. Embracing the label itself may actually be a gift and help you grow stronger. :sunny:

2 Likes

aw I liked your response, everyone’s like it’s impossible to like it blah blah but I can’t explain why I do or how I do. thank you for that !

I think you’re right about how Im not used to being treated good. I tend to treat those who are good to me like sh*t, but I don’t think ive ever been treated so badly for it to turn into this ygm. Never been abused like physically or sexually and whenever ive been in a relationship, I tend to emotionally abuse my other as soon as I get them hooked on me like its some game… I just dunno why. Im so sorry, but at least you know that because of how happy you were regular life just feels like hell, not that you actually think it is

I have to disagree with you here. In my first psychosis, I kept my experiences to myself. No one ever thought I was psychotic, some bought into a minor delusion I had (the wilder ones I kept to myself) and were supportive. Even though no one ever knew until I told them I was psychotic, it was torture all the time. Since I kept it private there was only my experience, society did not recognize me as psychotic let alone have an opinion or attitude towards me being so. It was only my private experience and it was the worst time of my life.

[quote=“flybottle, post:25, topic:24341”]
I have to disagree with you here[/quote]

i’m quite happy to agree to disagree. imo if there was comprehensive understanding, support & help, of a genuinely more humane & caring nature, then we’d all be far better off.

i’m Not negating in any way the horrors & hells of it all - & have been there as well. To me it always returns back to what are the best ways of understanding & helping people - & to my perspective the current mainstream/orthodox approaches are very largely in the dark ages - just how i see it.

I agree that if I had told my environment and they were supportive, things would have been better. This was the case in my second psychosis, I kept friends and family up to date and we had a good laugh about my symptoms until things got really bad and I ran to the meds.

[quote=“flybottle, post:27, topic:24341, full:true”]
I agree that if I had told my environment and they were supportive, things would have been better. This was the case in my second psychosis, I kept friends and family up to date and we had a good laugh about my symptoms until things got really bad and I ran to the meds.[/quote]

Fair enough, i’m Not anti-med, i take meds as well, & we’re in a very far from perfect World.

i can’t however see within my own experience how a lot of things have really helped. i do see far better ways of helping people. i accept things as far as i can, but it doesn’t mean that i have to agree with or like this current society/system, nor like or agree with how a lot of people are & their attitudes to things - i think we’re living in a barbaric & backward age & that we’re very uncivilised as a species - & i can’t pretend or kid myself otherwise.

A lot of us have mixed emotions about our medications. I know I have to take mine, but I still resent them. They rob me of physical strength.

Trust me , you don’t need schizophrenia

1 Like

I have a saying,…“people need schizophrenia as they need a bullet in the head” :stuck_out_tongue:

I didn’t say I need it. I could have it, and for some f**king reason I like that I might. Im depressed, bipolar and paranoid but I don’t know exactly what type i don’t know much about it, and I like these too. like ive alreay said, none of these are pleasant in any way but my other side likes it and wants it to make it worse. I just wanted to know if anyone else feels like they want it or likes it, not need it

guess it’s like some kinda necessity for you but my want for this is making me not take it

idk how to use this forum thing properly is there a way to remove this post or deactivate my account anyone?

I wouldn’t get too hung up on the need phrasing. Were talking the same thing , you see people with psychotic disorders can be so invested in what is going on in their own head , that it becomes part of their identity , and a lot of the reason why they refuse therapy. Now I don’t know if you are schiz but being schiz is not fun , its horrible at times.

2 Likes

I can see how you like it. I think my illness would be great if i could have some insight. The last time i went into a psycotic state i went into it expecting it to happen. When i first noticed it start i had insight it was happening and it was great, i thought “yes, a proper recovery, not fu**ing meds”. But i let it get me and soon started to believe what was happening. If you can avoid taking meds go for it.

I was diagnosed bipolar, then schizoaffective bipolar, then schizophrenic. Trust me. You don’t feel any different as a result. And you still have the same old illness. Whatever it is called.

I actually do wonder if life is Hell at times. It would certainly be a humane kind of hell because it has its ups and downs but even at my happiest there was a struggle.

People NEED sz as a reference point.

To OP
What symptoms do you have?, and don’t say hallucinations.