Is it unreasible that I force my support worker to watch 6 hours off My 600pound life?

I have her on Thursday for 6 hours and she hates My 600pound life. I think I’m being reasonible because i’m letting her make drinks for herself. She’s refusing because its really nice weather at the moment here in England and she says my living room is too stuffy but if I want to watch 6 hours of My 600pound life I think she should have to watch it with me, thats what i’m paying her for? Is that unreasible?

2 Likes

also it gives me edicational tips so its a win win from me. She could do with some edicational tips herself so its a double win win.

I think she’s right that you should go out for a walk while it’s nice.

2 Likes

i think she is paid to do what makes you feel good, she should be encouraging you to watch it and be enthusiastic about it for you esp if it might help you & give you tips on how to be more healthy and self sufficient.

1 Like

I love that show so much…food addiction is real and hurts so many people. I feel for the people on that show so much.

2 Likes

Yes, she chose a career to support people, not sit on her ass watching a show she hates for 6 hours. That’s not support, that’s not her job, and a waste of her talents.

If you want someone to watch 6 hours of the same tv show with you put out an ad and hire someone that wants to do that.

7 Likes

@ThePoet I love the show too. I always go for a extra long walk after watching the program. I really like Dr Now.

2 Likes

Yea doctor now is a great doctor. I think he has a lot of wisdom. He’s tough but that probably saves people’s lives which is why he does it I think. It’s so heartbreaking

Best My 600pounds life episodes were justin and steven assanti.

I will watch it with you for 6 hours for 600 bucks :grin:

3 Likes

That’s absolutely ridiculous. I was a healthcare worker and if someone did that to me, I’d request a new assignment.

You know she hates it and you’re forcing her to watch it. That’s unreasonable and mean.

10 Likes

I don’t think you’re gonna get any beneficial healthcare from this. I concur with Zombie. If they already said they thought it was a bad idea why are you doing it? Its disrespectful. Also even if you are paying her, you’re paying her for her expertise. By forcing her to watch this show you’re definitely verging into taking the piss out of her job.

4 Likes

I guess it could be mean. I’ll watch 6 hours off something else she likes also. I might even open the window for her too as it does get stuffy in that room.

2 Likes

If you open the window for me ill give you a 5% discount

4 Likes

I watched it right before i dropped to 75mg invega when i weighed 230 lbs the most i ever weighed. I felt so fat at that weight and started to get gross cheesy rashes in my armpits and groin from sitting all day. Then i dropped to 75 mg and boom i was up and getting out of the house looking for voluntary slavery. Now three years later i am 200 lbs and still feel fat.

I would love to do a documentary like my 300ib life. I would make it memorable.

1 Like

She’s not your slave, you don’t own her. I think you’re being a bit unreasonable to make anyone watch six hours of something they don’t like, just because you have a little power over her. You may be paying her but you don’t have to take advantage of it, and make someone sit in a stuffy room and do something they hate. You wouldn’t do that to a friend, so why do it to her? I mean she might be so nice that she’ll do it, but are you really going to feel good about making someone do something like that?

2 Likes

my 600ib life is educational. We can both lean something from it but I get where your coming from.

1 Like

So is dropping acid and bird watching but are you going to force her to do those too?

1 Like

New plan of action for Thursday.

Go for a coffee, do food shopping, write meal plans for the week, go for a walk.

2 Likes