Is it too soon to date?

I just got divorced. I haven’t really processed it yet. I need therapy. I’m on a waiting list right now but god only knows when I’ll start. Until then should I date? I mean is that fair to the other person if I’m not really emotionally available? I just would like to maybe go out and have a good time and maybe some good conversation. Is that so wrong? Anyway I got asked out and I don’t know if I should go or not. What do you think?

1 Like

Congrats on getting asked out that’s exciting!

I’m not sure if it’s a good idea to go dating now I mean it’s up to how you feel about it deep in your gut.

4 Likes

I feel nervous in my gut

Don’t go if you feel too emotionally vulnerable atm.

Otherwise I guess a girl can have some friendly fun.

3 Likes

Only you can answer this question. I ended up staying single for like a year, because I went on a date with a girl and it was going really well, but I just couldn’t bring myself to take the next step. I realized it wasn’t fair to keep going on dates with her when I was like that. But after some self-improvement work, I was able to date again and that’s when I met Mr. Star right away.

2 Likes

The last time I was single, I was single for almost 10 years. I have a hard time meeting people because I’m shy at first. But I don’t want to rush into anything either. Maybe it’s just not the right timing until I do therapy. I don’t know.

You’ve made a lot of steps towards self-improvement. If you feel ready for it, then go ahead! If it doesn’t feel right, don’t. There’s no right or wrong answer.

1 Like

IDK, it’s only 4:30 pm here.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s ever too late to date. I’m going through a divorce to and trying to process it. It’s hard but I’m slowly getting over it. I haven’t been on a date in over 6 months and I don’t even know if I’m ready but I say go on the date and see where it goes and how you feel. You could fall head over heels or you could not e feeling it

1 Like

If you’re leading the other person on, yes. Just be honest about it.

2 Likes

No its not wrong. People will tell you its wrong, people will tell you its right. It only matters what you think. Why let your ex continue to make you miserable? Thats why you got divorced.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.