Is it possible to relax and calm playing video games?

i have lost faith in calming and peaceful cannot relax during the day anny suggestions ?

2 Likes

Yes that’s what I do now. Playing Jurassic World Evolution, afk to forums. earn money and back into the game to keep my dinos intact then back out again. Rinse and repeat.

I would advise playing some more peaceful games(Simulations, etc.) so your anxiety doesn’t go up(FPS, RPGs).

Yes its possible you just have to find the right game. Rpgs I find relaxing. War games and fighting games not so much.

1 Like

Did u play rpg game called the fractured but whole south park game

Hey, there!

There are also many other things you can do to relax:

• Acupressure;
  • Acupuncture;
  • Drawing;
  • Puppies (animals);
  • Breathing techniques;
  • Physical exercise;
  • Meditation;
  • Guided meditation;
  • Journaling;
  • Chi Kung / Qi Gong (I do this one when I practice Kung Fu and it helps me a lot);
  • Tai Chi Chuan (I do this one when I practice Kung Fu and it helps me a lot);
  • Listening to music;
  • Yoga.

I’m looking for a good game to play while recumbent biking, so at least an hour will pass quickly. Thinking of digging into my old JRPGs, like Tales of Symphonia or Star Ocean 3, for it.

Having akathisia could make it hard to play video games. Also I think video games are very hard for people with sz to play. It requires too much motivation.

I think it depends on what video games you play, and how you play them.
I find sandbox games without much objective to be calming, like Cities Skylines, Minecraft and the Sims-games.

I don’t play fast-paced games or games where you can fail horribly if you do things wrong.

1 Like

Generally there is only one video game series I play, and that is The Elder Scrolls single player games. Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim on PC.

I mean if it distracts you from positive symptoms I could see how it might be relaxing compared to paying attention to them. Most video games I think though are meant to be exciting though and can be stressful especially if they stop you from taking care of yourself. For example I used to play Starcraft for hours and hours and I would miss meals, and just in general not get much else done which can lead to things that you gotta do piling up.

If you’re looking for a distraction why not try audio books? You could listen to it while you keep busy with other tasks and both Would probably lower stress

This is what I do. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.