İs it possible to be Geriatric Nursing Assistant as sz patient?

İ want to be in the business at elderly care.i want to be a geriatric nursing assistant.is it possible to be a geriatric nursing assistant as sz patient?

1 Like

Would you have to clean the old people? I knew someone who did that, we met in the hospital.

1 Like

Actually it s not my first choice but in turkey job offers are really limited and this job promising in turkey and also i like to care old people its our traditional ethic that thought by my parents

I volunteered for the job of assistant to the activities director in a elderly home. I loved it.

1 Like

Taking care of the elderly is one of the hardest jobs you can do. It is sad, back breaking, fast paced and sad. Yes I know I said sad twice. It takes strength of character to do that job. Bless you if you do it. You must have much love in your heart for considering it.

2 Likes

It’s possible. i was a CNA in elder care some years ago. It’s very hard, but rewarding.

1 Like

Sure, IF you are stable. I know some people with SZ who are full registered nurses and doing okay at it.

2 Likes

I was a Geriactic Care Asst. for years. Long before i was diagnosed. Very worthwhile job. Used to pull 60 hour weeks.

I couldnt do i now with my illness.

3 Likes

İ know whats the difficulties and i m seeing those difficulties as challenge for myself.i mean its not my first choice but as sz patients my choices really limited especially if you consider i m living a country like turkey.i think i can challenge myself.as peoples says no pain no gain

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.