Is it possible to be free without money

I want to be a gypsy, one that lives freely off the earth and travels exploring news places.

Is it possible to do this in today times?

2 Likes

Mark Boyle is known as the Moneyless man, he’s done it for a number of years. He also founded www.justfortheloveofit.org, which is a “Freeconomy Community”, where people offer free goods and services, like evening classes.

Can read up on him at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Boyle_(Moneyless_Man)

2 Likes

Yeah. I live off the grid in some respects but I love modern comforts. ie I live a different life and couldn’t be more happy in certain respects. I’m still dictated to by money and society but it’s on my terms. I work to my level and don’t work for the machine. I spend money in the free market and have some power with consumerism without being a slave to a mortgage or other debt.

It’s hard to escape money but you can move sideways and live how you feel.

2 Likes

I really enjoyed a book called the Eden Express its about a sz man leaving society to live off the land…

1 Like

That was written by a son of American author Kurt Vonnegut. I’m not sure that he had a valid diagnosis of schizophrenia as it would exist now. It was the 60’s!

1 Like

Well, the guy tried living off the land but he ended up as a doctor. Like rogue kinda said, I believe his diagnosis changed to bi-polar. Great book though. I read it when I was 18. A year later I got diagnosed with schizophrenia.

2 Likes

you can be free internally. that’s real freedom.

@anon20318121 are you safe there at your place?
The crime rates in South Africa are very high, aren’t you concerned that you might get robbed/assaulted/murdered?

1 Like

Hello Erez

South Africa has certain area that are dangerous but also has very safe areas.

I am not concerned as of yet

1 Like

@anon20318121 yes it’s possible to be free.
In the future we will all get basic income and do whatever we like, that’s the direction we are going.
Meanwhile you can use the time when you’re not working,
try to use it as well as you can
I hope you’re safe,
Erez

You need money or resourcefulness to be ‘free’. Some people have the knowledge and the ability to transform that knowledge into skills so they can be completely self-sufficient. I need money.

no its not. get some

I would love to live off the grid,

A bonus would be how little you would have to bathe…

1 Like

$$$ is what makes the world go round.

$$$ has been with human civilisation since ancient times.

1 Like