Is it possible for me to individually boycott Chinese goods?

I think you’d run into problems somewhere along the way. Nothing that you could buy could be ‘made in China.’

Has anyone tried this?

3 Likes

One of my biggest spends is Poland spring water. I know it’s not from Poland, should be from Maine, but I have a funny feeling China is still involved somehow; maybe with the plastic.

My way of saying: good question!!

1 Like

Good intention but it isn’t totally in vogue yet.

Eventually there will be go-to websites for pro-US merchants.

Like as ubiquitous as say wish.com or amazon.

1 Like

Of course, you can spend more money and get quality products.

That would be sweet if that comes to fruition.

1 Like

I’ve seen whispers of such in a certain forum but nothing really stands out yet.

1 Like

I’ve tried on a pair of made in America NB before and they were hands down the most comfortable shoes I’ve ever put on.

They weren’t even the right size. lol

1 Like

The majority of consumer goods that Americans purchase are “Made in China”. However, hi-tech goods such as leading edge semiconductors and certain software are products that Americans excel at. China is attempting to close the hi-tech gap with the “Made in China 2025” plan (中国制造2025).

1 Like

I hate chinesium.

US QA is respectable.

1 Like

When I was growing up, the Made in Canada sticker meant quality and keeping jobs at home.

Now the only place that I see it is on produce. I would love to see it come back

1 Like

no way thats in impossible china needs us, we are a big market for china.

1 Like

China and the rest of the world are in symbiosis lol Not politically though.

1 Like

It certainly is possible to reduce the amount of Chinese items you buy. Although, some items with multiple parts may be difficult to tell what is made where. Like computers and automobiles.

2 Likes

iPhones manufactured for the past decade have been made in China. In particular, the skilled and inexpensive labour costs is what keeps Apple in China or else Apple’s profit margins would plummet.

1 Like

Do you know if all smartphone tech is made in China?

You have no idea how inventive and innovative Chinese smartphone brands have become. Oppo, Vivo, Huawei, Xiaomi and RealMe have spun off from all the iPhone manufacturing in China. The latest and most recent technology is the 120Hz screen refresh rate and the foldable phone. Apple, Samsung & Huawei all collaborated on these technologies but it is the consumer marketplace that will determine each vendor’s market share.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.