Is it ok to call symptoms of sz crazy acts?

There are some really crazy lunatics out there. But can I say that I’m crazy for being delusional and paranoid. I would rather say I’m confused. When I was delusional at my work I was in a position whereby my delusions sound plausible up to a certain extend. I got people in senior positions in trouble because of my paranoia…and people believed me…for a long period of time…and I was convinced my delusions are valid experiences. Before my diagnosis people still took me serious when I called someone a stalker or a spy. That is because it was in line with my job being a security manager. Today I know that I was delusional and paranoid but it never occured to me that I was crazy…although I accused people of trying to make me crazy. Does hearing voices make you crazy? I don’t think so. It is symptoms from a serious and chronic psychiatric illness…not crazyness.

i personally believe that crazy is a slur used against usually but not always psychotic mentally ill individuas. i dont like when it is used casually and especially when it is used to hurt someone with or without mental illness. i also believe it

is a slur that individuals with certain mental illnesses can reclaim (like you said) . i dont believe theres “crazy people” . everyone eperiences their own reality and sometimes we need help.

im sorry about your experience btw sorry i got off on a tangent but i think its important.

1 Like

I know what you mean. I never noticed how much people throw that word around in their conversation until my first day out of the hospital. I have issues with it because i feel like whenever someone says it makes me feel like a loser/outsider…

1 Like

I also believe that each person lives from their own perspective and frame of reference. Once we get help and gain some insight our perception change and our frame of reference expand.

1 Like

It is only then when it hits you where it hurt most. I agree with you fully. The more we gain insight the less we want to be called crazy. The more we go into remission the less we want the lables.

1 Like