Is it manageable to regain my sociability now?

hi all
my pdoc told me that i am better now because of the treatment but the main thing now is to get back in the society. i couldnt look at peoples eyes for years, you can imagine what it is. so can i regain this? regain my life back on this besides the fact that i remained closed between my 4 walls for years? wow…
everybody around me is wondering how i managed to stay closed for so many years, even my ill friends cant realize it… but only me knows what i had in my head…
i still dont give up, i want to live but now i have this look already, wow, fat, strange fat body, big cheeks, bended back because of my fears etc etc… some people look at me strangely outside i find…

1 Like

@Anna1

We change over time, so I truly believe that when you’re ready (and that may be now) you’ll be able to socialize. For example, I’m not the person I was 30 years ago. I had very bad social anxiety, but now I can socialize (I still prefer to stay in my house most of the time). And if someone judges you by your looks you don’t want to spend a second socializing with that person. Life is short, right? I like this saying: If you can’t love yourself, how the heck are you going to love someone else? You can do it!

1 Like

do you think that the meds can help me on this kindness? I see that they help me every day to suffer less but I have a lot to accomplish still to be happy. I have too many symptoms I find… and sometimes, I just dont want to confront myself to others, its like this… but I dont want to spend my life alone, or whatever, ill see. hope my meds will help me more in the future :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think our meds enable us to get better, but we also need to work hard and have support from others if we want to reach our potential when it comes to recovering from sz/sza. These three factors are all essential, and without either one of them we will not get far. So meds are part of the solution, but they won’t solve most of our problems on their own.

2 Likes

ok, I see. I try to see more my friends, to be more open with my family too. but I am still too scared from unknown people out there, wow, its scary. heh, paranoia…

2 Likes