Is it just me or are spicy foods no longer spicy

maybe im just developing a tolerance to spicy foods, idk.

am making chimichangas for lunch. going to dice up some jalapenos, fresh from the garden and throw them in.

2 Likes

i try and not eat too much spice bc i think it can lead to ulcers, i had an ulcer once and i am sure it was to do with that but idk,

i do like spice though, just not too much :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah maybe I will just eat peppers and spicy foods in the summer season. once I harvest all my peppers in the garden I will stop eating them until next year. I don’t want to get a ulcer.

idk if it is true though, it might just be me that thinks that

1 Like

Try a ghost pepper lol

1 Like

well I’ve heard that before. I had a friend who’s dad got ulcers, and he thought it was because of all the spicy foods he ate. I just didn’t heed the warning.

I think i’ll be ok just eating peppers seasonally though.

1 Like

i’m hoping to learn more about cooking at my clubhouse and they make spicy meals sometimes, not too spicy though :slight_smile:

1 Like
3 Likes

I don’t know if spicy foods cause ulcers but I know that spicy foods will sure irritate a pre-existing ulcer. And coffee will do the same.

And I’m pretty sure the spice strength globally has not gone down, lol.

1 Like

It’s just you. Btw my moms says they help speed up your metabolism

1 Like

Yeah, peppers are good for you. Healthwise.

1 Like

How about try an opposing flavor when you make spicy meals? Add a sweet potato side with your dishes. Make spicy green beans with sweet and sour chicken. Or use a bland food like brown rice with your meals to help you contrast the flavors. I think if you apply a little kitchen chemistry you may find your pallette to be palatable. Just a thought.

:innocent:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.