Is it inevitable that it’s a matter of time you stop your meds?

I don’t think the curiosity will ever go away. Two days ago I halted my Zoloft for 12 hours before realizing I need it. My plan was to go off Zoloft and then maybe abilify. Don’t ask why. But after 12 hours my brain was cloudy and I couldn’t remember anything or think straight at all so I went and immediately took Zoloft again.

It’s only a matter of time till I attempt to stop them again. Maybe it’ll be 2 years from now. And maybe it’ll only be for 12 hours.

But considering the first thing I do is wake up take my meds. There’s no way of forgetting for me. It’s my routine. But eventually I will ATTEMPT and FAIL at coming off my meds, once again. “Maybe it’ll be different this time”

And the thing is they work so well for me with such few side effects. STILL I think to come off them.

Fn crazy maybe. But I try to be fair and mindful and recognize my uncomfortableness so damage will be controlled at a minimum.

3 Likes

No 57896544444445578

3 Likes

You tried it before and it didn’t work out.

I’ve been on abilify for 5 years now and have no intention of trying any experiments.

@robertc has been on haldol for 40 years he said.

Experimenting like that can set you back too.

1 Like

@Jonnybegood
I think it’s a longing we have to live with. It’s amazing you have few side effects! That’s rare!

1 Like

I have the urge sometimes but if I even forget to take my meds for like a couple hours I start to get withdrawal, so I don’t think I could go off even if I really wanted to.

2 Likes

Every couple years, I go through the same thing. I decide I must be cured, and I can go off my meds. Then I crash and burn, go back on, and swear I’ll never do it again.

4 Likes

Yes, i guess for me the longing will always be there. Im apparently quite stubborn and optimistic and the hope that one day i will succeed doesnt leave me. Or actually it does, especially right after a crash, but never for long.

1 Like

I get like that often. Now, I can see they are good, then I get negative and stop taking them. Think I don’t need them until the devil unleashes, and then I lose total insight. The last time I went off my AP was in October, then I got on an injection. Probably 2-3 x a month I think about stopping it then I come on here and people convince me otherwise. I’m glad I have people on here with similar experiences and can talk me out of it. The brain damage thing scares me but then I start thinking I don’t have sz, so I wouldn’t get damage

No chance i would stop mine - i spent 3 months without ANY Anti-psyhotics with no Doctor registered cos i had just moved area and was waiting on an assessment from a shrink…

And those were the worst bloody 3 months of my life. I dont want to visit that place in my head ever again. So im sticking to my drugs cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Im so stoked you are back @Jonnybegood

2 Likes

Ditto - Glad to see you back @Jonnybegood.

2 Likes

I tried that with cipralex, got brainzapps and felt strange so went on it but now i take only 10 mg so its ok i guess

1 Like

I’ve been taking APs for nearly two years now and, as long as I can help it, I won’t stop taking them.
Now, switching APs to find the one with the least side effects is a different conversation

1 Like

if I didn’t drive I would be tempted to stop my meds. but I don’t want to be distracted with my voices while im driving. I was walking everywhere in the city when I was at my worse. so I was kind of harmless but suffering.

I haven’t really hallucinated in 2 years now and im tempted to stop them, thinking im cured. but occasionally I will still get a voice after smoking too much or drinking too much coffee and then sometimes for no reason at all. so I will stay on them. at the moment im still court ordered to take them, per my pdoc’s recommendation to the judge. so it’s not even a choice I have right now.

I feel like physically I would be much healthier without the meds.

1 Like

I find the side effects actually get better with time not worse. I don’t love being on meds but I’ll never stop taking them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.