Is it immature to dream up stuff as a adult?

So yesterday I made a pact with myself that I would try to pretend things to give me a push to get out of the house.

So today I imagined I would meet a interesting woman at a bench where I planned to sit down. It was kind of like a joke. I put on a big grin thinking about me acting like a kid in my 40’s.

But at least I managed to wind down and take a relaxed and unhasty walk. And I started dreaming about other stuff as well…like where I would live if there were no obstacles. I started looking around at buildings in the area. I might go to some showings just to play with the idea of moving somewhere else.

4 Likes

It made you happy even for little while, so I would say that it was worth it.

As long as the fantasies never seep into reality I’m pretty sure it is worthwhile. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah. Maybe I will keep doing it. It was kind of funny. And imagination is kind of limitless. It’s always possible to come up with a new imagination every time.

I’ll be careful…like if there actually was a woman sitting there I won’t go like: “There you are! Just like I imagined!”:relaxed:

1 Like

Imagination is more important than knowledge - Albert Einstein

I’m in my 40’s and I’m constantly day dreaming and imagining, I think it is healthy as long as you’re not dreaming up nefarious things all the time, the occasional negative thought is fine though. Sometimes I think things and just start laughing at the absurdity of what I imagined.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.